• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

anyone from ireland

L

lonelyguy33

hello forum ive come to the conclusion that my panic disorder has ruined my life,,i feel the loneliest,scared, odd one out kind of bloke,,i dont deserve any of this and i look at other bloke s,,who get on with life with the love of their life,job,car and everything going for them,,i wont lie im jealous,and angry the cards ive been dealt,,ive done nothing to deserve this only good,,i never really had confidence with women,but now with this theres no hope i feel,

S

starzzzzz

Hi Lonelyguy, I cant make it better but i can relate to you. (Im from England but my parents/family etc are from Ireland). Panic disorder can take over your life. When your in the grip of it, it feels like there is no way out. Its really scary. The thing is you can get over it and live a full and meaningful life. Right now though you just need to believe there is a future out there for you. Try not to compare yourself to others who seem to have it all (but probably dont....and probably arent as sensitive as you). Oh dear, im rambling.....sorry.

L

lonelyguy33

thank you snowwhite i cant help feeling the fact im 33 and the fear and panic im dealing with has robbed me of a potential partner who understands,dat we could support each other,illness aside ive so much to give but the right person,im going to end up the loneliest guy with just me and my illness saying "i told you id ruin your life" dats the only way i can put it in words.

Mayfair

Mayfair

:welcome: to the forums lonelyguy.

Have a look around the whole forum.

Local area tends to be quite quiet, but panic and loneliness etc. aren't limited to Ireland, we are from all over in here.

M:)

T

tray30

Hi lonely guy I'm from Ireland;) if it's any concelation I suffer from clinical depression since I was a kid, and turns out it's possible that I am actually bipoler. I am 30 and it has robbed me of my life, I compere myself to other people and I can't hold a guy down for very long and always assume they have a better life than me and makes me feel worse.My family wonder why I havn't settled down and my sisster is engaged and my friends so it's getting very scary for me now so don't worry your not the only one

L

lonelyguy33

Hi lonely guy I'm from Ireland;) if it's any concelation I suffer from clinical depression since I was a kid, and turns out it's possible that I am actually bipoler. I am 30 and it has robbed me of my life, I compere myself to other people and I can't hold a guy down for very long and always assume they have a better life than me and makes me feel worse.My family wonder why I havn't settled down and my sisster is engaged and my friends so it's getting very scary for me now so don't worry your not the only one
thx for your reply,ive been on lexapro a good while now it jus seems to make u more panicky etc,,still worry a lot on them,,like hyper ina way,im not sure i agree with docs diagnostic of gad,,because another doc said ptsd,,then another said panic disorder,,its just my triggers i face them each day and feels i cant escape em,lack of sleep,,etc mental health system is totally unempathetic here,,give a label then prescribe and talk with you like your 12,how can they diagnoise if there seen lots of patients everyday,,and potentially make matters worse,

T

tray30

Maybe try different meds, but lexapro have been know to cause anxiety thats why some people use xanax while taking them to chill them out, but they are quite addictive. Have you actually been refferd to a sycologist by your gp to get a propper diagnosis they will spend time with you, thats what I am doing.And yes triggers are the main problem for me aswell, first thing in the morning!!!! But behavouril councellers are good with that a good one is usually a bit more expensive but they can help you recognise your triggers and deal with your thoughts. I have trouble sleeping too so I have to take a sleeping tablet somtimes

J

Jamie82

Hey lonely guy, I'm from Ireland, kildare to be exact!! I know it's been ages since u posted your thread but I'm here if you want to chat...you will never be lonely if you let people in..:)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Ireland Mental Health Forum 3
L Ireland Mental Health Forum 1