• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Anyone from Hull?

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Indeed.. though I have recently moved away !

cloudberry

cloudberry

Founding Member
Me too! Anyone here found the mental health support any good?

G

gonecrazy

I'm from Hull. I'm with PSYPHER. They have been good to me but I will be discharged soon. I also use some services at Mind on Beverley Road which is also a good service.

Girl Interrupted

Girl Interrupted

Hi guys, I am not in Hull but over the border, next door near York so thought I would say HI to you all

G.I xx

G

gaztheyorkie

Hi, i have Just found this site here and was looking for a place to say hi, anyway since i have first hand knowledge of the CRS in hull i felt i would jump in here i hope you dont mind. I live in hull have done for 3 years 2 years of that spent under the care of a cpn so far its ok, however heres my thoughts on the crisis team, I find thier service shocking and poorly run, wether that is to goverment funding im not sure howeverif you need to be sectioned they are the best people to do it for you, sadly i have been sectioned i suffer from bi-polar 1&2 self halm and have a eating disorder, so can you imagine the point where you want to end it all you reach out for help ( CRS EMERGENCY NUMBER) and the recieve NO RESPONCE! in fact they rang me back and offered me home visits, without looking into my past the crisis tram only look at the here and now and the extreme near future wich can be frustrating for most people when your trying to explain how you got to the point your at and you know it wont go away the CRS team will leave you and visit for 30 mins the next day at your home as long as you dont interupt thier daily meeting at 11am, i remember once when i was arrested section 136 and taken to miranda house when i asked why nobody answered the phoes the answer was this " its pot luck wether you get through on our phone!" superb for a emeregency number, oh and if you think they are a fast service.... think again... 8 hours i was detained in HRI awaiting the assesment team to come from urm accross the road, my advice avoid them at all costs unless you have no choice.

G

gonecrazy

Hi G.I. I like the film girl interupted.It's a good one.

M

madsue40

Hi I'm quite new on here and wonder if anyone knows of any self help groups for depression in hull or east riding?

Was reading previous posts and I too have had a mixed reaction from CRS and Cmht.

Would be nice to hear from anyone nearby :)

F

FirstAid

Hey just joined the forum and from Hull.

29 year old deppressed male.

Old thread but give us a shout if you wanna chat.

Deppressed in Hull eh, no fun!

K

khris

Hi everyone, another "ull" person here. New to this website, hopefully it will provide some guidance as going though a extremely bad time at the moment.

Mayfair

Mayfair

Hi everyone, another "ull" person here. New to this website, hopefully it will provide some guidance as going though a extremely bad time at the moment.
Hi Khris, welcome to the forums :) The local areas are a little quiet, but have a nosy around the site. I hope you find some support and guidance :)

L

lozza

You cant beat 'ull'lol

K

khris

Hi, had a look around found some intresting threads it is very good website think I'm going to like it on here :). Haha Lauren, one of a kind is 'ull' lol. I noticed a lot of the threads are pretty old kind of puts me of commenting lol.

M

madsue40

Hi
I'm from the outskirts of 'ull, been here for 17 years and wouldn't want to live anywhere else!
Had depression for many years on and off with three hospital admissions.
My experience with east riding CMHT can't be faulted, got a good pdoc and cpn, without whom I don't think I'd be here still!
Sue

L

lozza

Hi, had a look around found some intresting threads it is very good website think I'm going to like it on here :). Haha Lauren, one of a kind is 'ull' lol. I noticed a lot of the threads are pretty old kind of puts me of commenting lol.
Lol ull certainly is you cant beat going into a pub holding a chainsaw lol