• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

Anyone experienced training that alters your approach for the better socially?

S

stu1970s

I've already posted about not having any friends and the fact that I can't put my finger on why... I just don't seem to hit it off with anyone. Obviously there are plenty of counselling type options where you can sit down on a couch and tell someone how miserable your life is but has anyone experienced (or can recommend) any type of social skills training, the sort of thing where someone tells you how to make a good first impression etc? I'm willing to try anything.

K

karl7

i have to say im interested to hear others thoughts on this too......all i know is that a local psych hospital in my country ireland runs a social anxiety course.....i think its a 12 week program, i never did it but am curious.....im sure its in other countries too....look in to it.....or ask your mental health team

S

stu1970s

I know there are social anxiety ones but I get the impression they're more about helping those who have issues with approaching people etc. What about those of us who don't have that sort of problem but just seem to give off a bad vibe for some reason.