• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Anyone ever use anafranil for OCD?

K

Karalyn90

I know it is the longest studied medication approved for the use of OCD treatment and I was just wondering if anyone ever used it

B

Blackrose09

Hi. I started anafranil 1 week ago for both ocd and depression. I saw improvment, but there are side effects i hate, such as flat affect and sedation....The doctor said must be activating and not sedating!
what is your esperiece with this drug?

B

Blackrose09

Had allergy to anafranil and i stoped it. In sorry because it was really working for my ocd.

jajingna

jajingna

Think that was the first med I ever took, way back in 1991, nearly 30 years ago. Had wicked obsession over a girl. Got extremely ill mentally then, suffered a long time, was hopitalized after accidental overdose on those pills.

Truthfully I still think of her often, or rather those old memories, of me being that age again and her too, along with so many other women-related memories from many times and places. These thoughts/obsessions are only for those women I liked but never got to be with. The ones I did get with, well I rarely think of them.

W

Weeping_Willow

What works for one person may not work for another so the best way to find out is to try it. Sadly this means trial and error. I first tried Paxil and that didn't work but Prozac (30mg average) did. Later I told a new doctor what worked but he decided to try me on Zoloft which did nothing so he put me. On anafranil and I had awful side effects: fatigue, dry mouth and lack of coordination.
You may not have these though and it might work for you.

N

Nate

I know it is the longest studied medication approved for the use of OCD treatment and I was just wondering if anyone ever used it
I took anafranil ( clomipramine) for 2 years and it worked well for my OCD also helped with depression. I had terrible constipation so I had to come off it.