• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Anyone ever just "get over" your obsessions?

jajingna

jajingna

I'm obsessive about old memories. It's tiresome to replay things from long ago. I can sorta see the appeal, however. There's a fantasy aspect to them, like how things might have been different. But I don't seem to ever forget them for long. One in particular has been with me for a few months but the memory is from 2012. Others go back way before that, to even 30 years ago. Seems odd to still be dwelling on those things, though I guess I sort of understand why I do.

P

Purpleplum

Yes. You just stop them in their tracks as they're occurring. Direct your mind elsewhere. Stay busy. What matters is today and the future...don't waste time in the past. You can't change the past but you can make changes moving forward.

A_Wilted_Daisy

A_Wilted_Daisy

I tend to live in the past. Even though my past isn't great, it seems safer to be there than in the present or future. So I understand.