Anyone ever had HOCD about their friend?

A

alphacharlie1

Posted on here a few times about my struggles with HOCD/ROCD/POCD and depression and I’ve been taking fluoxetine for like 5 weeks now and I’d say they are working in some respect but I’m really struggling to shift the HOCD about one of my close friends. The thing is they lost a lot of weight recently and look better for it but like a few months ago I had some weird attraction towards them and since then I’ve added importance to seeing them and questioning whenever I see them. I can’t shift it though, I see that friend like most days and try to flood my brain with the most extreme sexual activity with them and it just makes things worse. My head convinces me that I’m like “falling” for one of my mates and it’s absolutely hideous. It’s messing with my head and making me question things with me and my girlfriend which I absolutely do not want. How do I ever get over this when my friend is going to be in my life forever? It’s like a constant trigger.

Luci

Luci

You need to spend less time with your friend to get over this obsession. It doesn't mean she is going away. Focus your sexual energy and attention on your partner. Meet your friend in public places for now. When you have those thoughts distract yourself and refocus that energy on your partner.

I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH2

I'm a bisexual woman. I had a sexual attraction to one of my female friends before. I don't think it was h.o.c.d. though. I hope yours goes away.