• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Anyone Ever Experienced Reject or Hate from a Young Child?

memeLRXDD

memeLRXDD

My son is 5 & said he hates daddy. All because of discipline. His grandfather is quite toxic. But he will choose that man over anything. My husband Already suffers from depression. It Broke him even more. He says he wants nothing to do with him anymore. What do I do? If I take my son away from my dad, cut that relationship for good this time. Would I be able to save my child from such thinking?

jajingna

jajingna

Isn't it common for children to say such things? Hopefully it will pass.

Z

Zaz3

ACCOUNT CLOSED
When it comes to young kids it is so difficult. More often than not someone ends up hurt or broken hearted. I remember my 4 year old son kicking me and saying he hated me and the sheer on his face. It was a horrendous moment. I'm not sure what the answer is but I hope it works out well for all concerned 🙂

memeLRXDD

memeLRXDD

When it comes to young kids it is so difficult. More often than not someone ends up hurt or broken hearted. I remember my 4 year old son kicking me and saying he hated me and the sheer on his face. It was a horrendous moment. I'm not sure what the answer is but I hope it works out well for all concerned 🙂
Did it work out for you? How's your son now?

Z

Zaz3

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Did it work out for you? How's your son now?
For me no it didn't work out sadly. But everyone else seemed to manage to move on and be happy. It was many years ago and my son is grown up with his own family now 🙂