• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Anyone else's voices only appear when they go outside?

S

schizbutok

To clarify, I have heard a voice occasionally, but it's only ever been outside my house, and it's always people who are actually in the place I am, like co-workers at work, friends at their house, family members at home, or strangers at the grocery store, etc. and these "voices" usually culminates with me being assaulted by a related person, choked out, arm locked, etc. If the voices are not real, what about the assaults? Isn't making a lot of sense to me now that I'm thinking about it :/

L

LostItMajor

Sorry I basically jacked this thread to talk about my problems now.

Mine manifests in similar ways but it doesn't matter where I am. Inside, outside, even going underwater doesn't work when I'm in the middle of true delusion. The people around me are the voices I hear and they almost always are threatening, or conspiring to commit violence against me. The one I like the least is when I think they know I can hear them. So they ait back saying shit to get a rise out of me and I try to fight back every time, so I'll do the opposite of what they say. Often to my own detriment.
Like right now I thought I heard, "He better sit his ass down," which I can't unhear so now I can't. I have to stay standing just to pull their card and see the reactions. That never works by the way. If you look hard enough, everyone seems sketchy when it's all in your head.
Thing is, I took a Klonopin and it has me calming down but earlier, I was busy antagonizing my neighbors since I thought were whispering about me. I do dumb shit like having Bring Da Ruckus blast through the speakers while I stand out in the garage with the door wide open.
I highly doubt that I start off being right about it in the beginning but I usually end up escalating things to the brink of violence if I'm left to my own devices long enough. I'm too fuckin stubborn and can't even back down when it comes to fighting my imagination. It'll get me seriously hurt one of these times. Of that I'm sure. So if I were you, I would watch out that you don't get too cagey. Get some water, some fresh air, something. I would avoid most drugs too but stimulants especially.
I've done shit like hide in my room with a baseball bat and a gun for hours. Telling my obviously concerned family they better kick the door in if they wanted in, then wait for the first unlucky person to reach the point that they will because they're just worried about me. Then they go to kick the door and it isn't even locked and I get an advantage in some fight that isn't even happening. It's this type of shit that's my least favorite part of the bipolar part of my illness.
I'm pretty sure I'm just a product of my environment though, since I can remember i grew up getting my ass kicked or having to kick someones ass. All the way til high school. It was because I was different and kids notice if you don't fit the situation. Born with some minor but noticeable defects and I got shit talked on me for em my whole life. I also had a father who tUght me never to take that shit without fighting back and I took it to heart. So I learned how to be constantly ready and willing to fight but never learned how to relax and let shit pass me by. Try to use those skills if you have them. They're more useful the real world.

L

llittlelostlady

No whan i am at home..driving me mAd as I am not a very social person...autistic

will end up braining myself at this rate can't stand the yapping

worse than my mother for trying to make me mix

L

llittlelostlady

Sorry I basically jacked this thread to talk about my problems now.

Mine manifests in similar ways but it doesn't matter where I am. Inside, outside, even going underwater doesn't work when I'm in the middle of true delusion. The people around me are the voices I hear and they almost always are threatening, or conspiring to commit violence against me. The one I like the least is when I think they know I can hear them. So they ait back saying shit to get a rise out of me and I try to fight back every time, so I'll do the opposite of what they say. Often to my own detriment.
Like right now I thought I heard, "He better sit his ass down," which I can't unhear so now I can't. I have to stay standing just to pull their card and see the reactions. That never works by the way. If you look hard enough, everyone seems sketchy when it's all in your head.
Thing is, I took a Klonopin and it has me calming down but earlier, I was busy antagonizing my neighbors since I thought were whispering about me. I do dumb shit like having Bring Da Ruckus blast through the speakers while I stand out in the garage with the door wide open.
I highly doubt that I start off being right about it in the beginning but I usually end up escalating things to the brink of violence if I'm left to my own devices long enough. I'm too fuckin stubborn and can't even back down when it comes to fighting my imagination. It'll get me seriously hurt one of these times. Of that I'm sure. So if I were you, I would watch out that you don't get too cagey. Get some water, some fresh air, something. I would avoid most drugs too but stimulants especially.
I've done shit like hide in my room with a baseball bat and a gun for hours. Telling my obviously concerned family they better kick the door in if they wanted in, then wait for the first unlucky person to reach the point that they will because they're just worried about me. Then they go to kick the door and it isn't even locked and I get an advantage in some fight that isn't even happening. It's this type of shit that's my least favorite part of the bipolar part of my illness.
I'm pretty sure I'm just a product of my environment though, since I can remember i grew up getting my ass kicked or having to kick someones ass. All the way til high school. It was because I was different and kids notice if you don't fit the situation. Born with some minor but noticeable defects and I got shit talked on me for em my whole life. I also had a father who tUght me never to take that shit without fighting back and I took it to heart. So I learned how to be constantly ready and willing to fight but never learned how to relax and let shit pass me by. Try to use those skills if you have them. They're more useful the real world.
yap away; sorry op

L

llittlelostlady

I just do what I want regardless but they like to ruin me food cause I like me dinner