• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Anyone else?

kazu

kazu

I've been thinking about therapy a lot recently. I often times talk myself out of it, because I think of myself as not "worth", or just think I don't need therapy at all. My mom SH in her life too. She has borderline and schizophrenia I often compare myself to her and think to myself "her situation is way worse then yours she got way more scars then you, your SH is nothing compared to that". This often makes me feel like a poser.
Since I also don't really feel sad or anything I find it very hard to ask for help or anything.

I was just wondering to those who went to therapy and felt similar, how did you overcome it?

kazu

kazu

The other thing is I don't really see my situation as problematic nor do I have the will to change anything since I don't see anything worng with my situation right now.
My inner voice has changed quite a while ago, it's weird. It's like the "voice actor" of my thoughts have changed and he's very quite. It has become increasingly difficult for me to think. It's always just *blank*. This just makes me feel quite uncomfortable

Bod

Bod

We all suffer in totally different ways in our mental health so we can not really compare our selfs to others as our own hell is bad enough. For me I had to go through therapy and I'm so glad I did as my self harming very nearly cost me my life so when I did ask for the help 20 years ago I got it but I had to work so very hard along side of therapy as I dung really deep into my mind heart and soul during each session, and it hurt me so bloody much going through all my pain grief anger self hating loathing and very low self esteem. In the end it was worth it as I have not self harmed in many many years now.

Novastars

Novastars

Hi Kazu,

You don't have to compare pain in order to decide whether you deserve treatment or not. Everyone deserves treatment if they feel that it would make a difference to their quality of life.

Do you know why you self harm? If not, it may be good to find out the cause of your behaviour.
Seeking help also depends on how bad your self harming is and if you're troubled by it?

You say that you don't see your situation as problematic but is this really true or are you saying this in order to avoid taking responsibility for your behaviour? It can be really scary having to confront our darker sides but, usually in hindsight, it was worth it. I wish you good luck, whatever you decide.

Racer

Racer

I envy those who have asked for help. i feel like it would be a game changer for me, i think you should reach out kazu !