• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Anyone else?

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

Yea its going to sound strange i know. But does anyone else have a problem with their bones being touched?
I cant handle my spine, collar bones, shin bones, wrists etc being touched . i also cant look at someones back etc. Is this just another necrosis or do other people have the same problem?

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

Yea its going to sound strange i know. But does anyone else have a problem with their bones being touched?
I cant handle my spine, collar bones, shin bones, wrists etc being touched . i also cant look at someones back etc. Is this just another necrosis or do other people have the same problem?
That should say neurosis not necrosis wow my engish is bad

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Forum Guide
Is it because you have a sensation of pain if your bones are touched?

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

No no pain it just make me jump out my skin and give me the creeps

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

I cant touch my bones either its not just other people. Suppose im weird as then?

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Forum Guide
I cant touch my bones either its not just other people. Suppose im weird as then?
I've never heard of that before. It's strange because you should be desensitised to your own touch. Must make sleeping very difficult.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

I've never heard of that before. It's strange because you should be desensitised to your own touch. Must make sleeping very difficult.
Its fine if im on a soft surface. But if i bump into something that hits my spine i freak out. Also if i have an itch around my collar bones or om my shins i cant scratch it. I wish so bad i was normal 😞that is the least of my worries i suppose.

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Forum Guide
Its fine if im on a soft surface. But if i bump into something that hits my spine i freak out. Also if i have an itch around my collar bones or om my shins i cant scratch it. I wish so bad i was normal 😞that is the least of my worries i suppose.
I don't think it's actually your bones. The sensation maybe feels like its your bones but it must be your nervous system at fault. Have you asked a doctor about it?

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

I don't think it's actually your bones. The sensation maybe feels like its your bones but it must be your nervous system at fault. Have you asked a doctor about it?
Once when i was a kid and she sort of laughed it off and said ill grow out of it. It used ro drive my ex girl friends nut, like i was making excuses not to be touched

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

Its not a pain thing or a nerve thing. Its just i dont like to be touched on the actual bones. I knownom weird so never mind its just another line on t he list of my problems

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Forum Guide
Seems to fit the description of 'allodynia'

"Alloydynia is normal touch that turns into a pain through the spinal chord."

"There are two main theories of what causes allodynia: One idea holds that mechanically sensitive nerve endings pick up gentle touch signals as usual, but those signals are somehow perceived as painful in the brain. An alternative notion is that the painful signals actually originate in pain-sensing cells."

Quotes taken from Info linked here:

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

Seems to fit the description of 'allodynia'

"Alloydynia is normal touch that turns into a pain through the spinal chord."

"There are two main theories of what causes allodynia: One idea holds that mechanically sensitive nerve endings pick up gentle touch signals as usual, but those signals are somehow perceived as painful in the brain. An alternative notion is that the painful signals actually originate in pain-sensing cells."

Quotes taken from Info linked here:

thankyou for help. Its not high on the list of problems so far and im on my own now so easy to cope with

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

Sorry, Ghostie - I got intrigued and went all Miss Marple :D
No i appreciate it! Feel like posting all my probs today but i dont think the server is big enough 😞 here to try help though not burden need to try remember that

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Phobia Forum 4