• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Anyone else?

C

Christinebell

Anybody else tried writing out how they feel or wrote a question and then delete it 100 times just incase it not as serious as other people feel because you don’t really know what’s wrong or how you are feeling?

M

Monkey_Girl

I've done this several over the last 40 years. My primary reasons for deleting or throwing away are because no one else will assign my feelings any value, and therefor basically tell me I'm full of shit and that there's nothing wrong with me. I'm blowing everything out of proportion.

I wish I had words of wisdom or comfort for you, I truly do. Best I can offer is sympathy and understanding, and a hug.

sadsunflower

sadsunflower

Anybody else tried writing out how they feel or wrote a question and then delete it 100 times just incase it not as serious as other people feel because you don’t really know what’s wrong or how you are feeling?
I've tried this too.

We really can be our own harshest critics and biggest invalidators. Any feeling, question, or experience we have is always valid and serious.

I find that writing or typing it out (how I feel) really helps. If I don't know - I just write (or type) anything I'm thinking or going through and hope I find some clarity or comfort eventually.

C

Christinebell

I've done this several over the last 40 years. My primary reasons for deleting or throwing away are because no one else will assign my feelings any value, and therefor basically tell me I'm full of shit and that there's nothing wrong with me. I'm blowing everything out of proportion.

I wish I had words of wisdom or comfort for you, I truly do. Best I can offer is sympathy and understanding, and a hug.
I've tried this too.

We really can be our own harshest critics and biggest invalidators. Any feeling, question, or experience we have is always valid and serious.

I find that writing or typing it out (how I feel) really helps. If I don't know - I just write (or type) anything I'm thinking or going through and hope I find some clarity or comfort eventually.
I don’t know how to go about how I am feeling, I just know I would like to talk about it with people that feel the same but I don’t want anyone to read what I am saying and think pfft that’s nothing compared to anyone else or find it disrespectful

C

Christinebell

How do you get away from feeling like you can’t talk to anybody because what they might think

sadsunflower

sadsunflower

I don’t know how to go about how I am feeling, I just know I would like to talk about it with people that feel the same but I don’t want anyone to read what I am saying and think pfft that’s nothing compared to anyone else or find it disrespectful
Do you feel like you have anyone to talk to?

C

Christinebell

I have people that will listen when I’m at my worse but no one that understands

sadsunflower

sadsunflower

I have people that will listen when I’m at my worse but no one that understands
Although feeling like no one truly understands can be isolating, it's far more isolating to not open to anyone at all. Sometimes, the goal is just to talk with open minded, kind people. Not everyone will understand, but there's definitely people who will care enough to try and be there.

C

Christinebell

Although feeling like no one truly understands can be isolating, it's far more isolating to not open to anyone at all. Sometimes, the goal is just to talk with open minded, kind people. Not everyone will understand, but there's definitely people who will care enough to try and be there.
I feel stuck, how can I talk to people and explain when I don’t even know it’s like a nasty circle 🙄

M

Monkey_Girl

How do you get away from feeling like you can’t talk to anybody because what they might think

I honestly haven't gotten away from that. 40 years of being ridiculed, shamed and abandoned for nothing more than who I am and how I feel, has left me isolating myself emotionally. I don't trust anyone really, except my partner. And that is very slow going as far as progress in being open with him.

My only suggestion would be to be very selective about who open up to. They need to earn your trust and respect. Don't just give it blindly to the first person who says they're your friend. You need to be comfortable with them, because opening up leaves you vulnerable and raw. The person you show that vulnerability to should be someone that you feel safe with.

S

Shay94

I do this all the time. I'll type something out, re-read it and then either delete it completely or change words to try make it not sound like I'm complaining too much. I rarely tell others of my anxiety/depression issues as it feels like no one understands what its like, it scares me that I'll be judged constantly bout this & told to just "get over it" so I feel like I'm not good enough to others, hence why I just keep quiet and hide how I'm really feeling

nutsie

nutsie

I write journal every day but only two sentences. Restv I can remember. It is good therapy because your second voice. It help you realize how crazy your think is.

When you feel bitter tovan other person, it is good to write them letter then trash it without sendv