Anyone Else?

B

BobJo

Does anyone have this issue with their sleep during mania where their eyes are so heavy and sore from lack of sleep, but you just can’t get yourself to sleep?
Like you can feel the exhaustion and your eyes burn and feel puffy, but you lay in bed for HOURS and before you know it, it’s 7AM and you’re ready to start the day with eyes that sting all day?

I’ll get so exhausted through the day sometimes, but nothing shuts off and as much as i want to sleep, I just CAN’T. I can close my eyes through the day to ‘rest’ them for a few minutes, but I can never get to sleep. I’ve been in bed tonight for the past 4 hours and NOTHING. I’ve grown an obsession with soap and basket weaving and watched countless videos on them.
My eyes hurt so much and it feels like I can sleep. But I close my eyes and I’m suddenly wide awake and need to open my eyes — and then they start burning again. I’m so frustrated. This is ridiculous

megirl

megirl

When I'm hypomanic when I dont sleep my brain feels so alive and awake. My body buzzes with energy the body can only carry on like that for so long.
Hope you get some sleep soon x

Hellakat

Hellakat

Just like megirl, when I’m hypomanic I come alive. I literally go days without sleep because my brain doesn’t shut off. Through my experiences I embrace it because for me there’s no middle ground. I always reflect back to when I was clinically depressed and had to be in a hospital for a bit. I look at it as the lesser of two evils. Chamomile tea helps relax the body and maybe you can learn how to meditate if you haven’t already to help relax the mind. Do you take any medication for your bipolar?. If so maybe you can work with your doctor and make some adjustments. I wish I had more to help you with.

M

Miller77

Does anyone have this issue with their sleep during mania where their eyes are so heavy and sore from lack of sleep, but you just can’t get yourself to sleep?
Like you can feel the exhaustion and your eyes burn and feel puffy, but you lay in bed for HOURS and before you know it, it’s 7AM and you’re ready to start the day with eyes that sting all day?

I’ll get so exhausted through the day sometimes, but nothing shuts off and as much as i want to sleep, I just CAN’T. I can close my eyes through the day to ‘rest’ them for a few minutes, but I can never get to sleep. I’ve been in bed tonight for the past 4 hours and NOTHING. I’ve grown an obsession with soap and basket weaving and watched countless videos on them.
My eyes hurt so much and it feels like I can sleep. But I close my eyes and I’m suddenly wide awake and need to open my eyes — and then they start burning again. I’m so frustrated. This is ridiculous
Hi, If your that desperate for sleep just smoke a joint you will be ready to hit the hay.