• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

anyone else with Paranoid Personality disorder?

K

killswitchon

Former member
Do you mind if I pray for you? I believe those dreams are from spirits trying to scare you and discourage you. I pray right now in Jesus name that these night terrors and dreams stop completely. Instead be replaced with sweet dreams and dreams full of direction, destiny and hope. I pray that you come to know who you really are and that you come into a place of such profound peace! I pray for the angels to guard you in everythign you do and even at night to love on you and comfort you. I pray for voices you hear to be silenced in jesus name and that you find your mind to be calm as a small lake in the evening. amen. :)

A

Annatar

I have PPD and am 40 years old diagnosed years ago, basically we are Gods and are superior to other Humans who we see as objects, people with PPD have superior Intelligence and can see right through other people and no their weaknesses.What I am saying is you have to turn a Negative into a Positive

A

Annatar

Hi, Frustrated I am 40 years old and have had this condition all my life you have too start thinking of yourself in a better light, remember we are more Intelligent and superior to other humans, our characteristics are Aloofness, Superiority, Intelligence levels off the scale, I have been in all kinds of bad situations over the years school, work etc and sometimes you feel you are going mad, it's like being on a Rollercoaster at the fair sometimes.

C

Chumfo34

I really hope I'm not going to offend here (or break any forum rules), but is everyone "diagnosed" with a personality disorder happy that they actually have it?

It's just that my sister tried diagnosing me (she is a consultant psychiatrist) with BPD (but mild - presumably to cover her rubbish guesswork she's trying to dress up as skill and knowledge) - and I think that maybe once someone tells you you have something you just look at what characteristics you have that agree with a diagnosis rather than necessarily having the thing - well I did anyway and judged her rubbish a short while later. Probably encouraged by my bipolar partner's imagining of sexual infidelity that's never existed anywhere but in his mind. What used to be quirks and eccentricities are now "disorders" for not complying with the "norm" of behaviour.

But actually I think from my own experience that I've certainly been through a lot more crap than most people get in a lifetime and a lot worse than most people ever experience. So why won't I be a bit different as a result? Why should I get down on myself if I react to that? If I get too hung up on what's wrong, I lose sight of what's right and good about me and send myself on a downward spiral. Does that ring true with anyone else? Certainly I've had far more good advice from here today than I've had in months of treatment from "experts" - and if we're all "mad" then perhaps we're just a little bit better for being so? Or maybe the definition of "mad" isn't very good in the first place.
I’m definitely not happy with having this diagnosis. I feel like some people thrive on how fucked up they are and the attention and make the diagnosis a self fulfilling prophecy. Which I maybe do to a certain extent too. The label can solidify the craziness that I’ve been through and all the pain and suffering in myself, family, partners and friends. My life is never going to be the same. I have a back injury because of ppd and a failed relationship with my dad who’s dead and gone forever now and countless other failed relationships. So no I’m not happy with this diagnosis. I don’t even completely agree with the diagnosis. I don’t completely with anyone or anything anymore. I feel like I’m an extreme optimist and pessimist at the same time. I’m happy for a while and then horrendous for a while.I’m aware that perspective can be changed and that this game of mind is a game of letters which make words and we create our reality till we die. There is another reality happening out there, Actual reality, and I feel like aligning with that as best we can and learning about that reality and the world and focusing on what interests us instead of how we were monumentally fucked is one of the only ways to have a decent life. Easier said than done. With ppd I feel it can be hard to put together long periods of time having a positive outlook like this and Just being comfortable in my mind, being able to focus on goals and just even wanting to be alive anymore instead of the chaos and pain. One of my gaslighters who is an ex military bully told me “ You should just put yourself out of your misery and kill yourself”. Then I have a “severed” gas line on my motorcycle a couple days after speaking out in rage against my gaslighters on my phone to other people because i feel alone and need help. What a great life.

C

Chumfo34

I have PPD and am 40 years old diagnosed years ago, basically we are Gods and are superior to other Humans who we see as objects, people with PPD have superior Intelligence and can see right through other people and no their weaknesses.What I am saying is you have to turn a Negative into a Positive
It’s really hard when you feel like it’s taken away some of the most important aspects and things in your life. A total mind shift is what is needed and I haven’t been able to do that yet