Anyone else with Bipolar who hears voices?

blokadeknight

blokadeknight

Hi everyone,
I just wondered if anyone else with bipolar heard voices during episodes?
I’ve been diagnosed with bipolar for 17 years now. When I am manic I hear voices, usually I think they are from some higher being or whatever, and I hear music.

When I’m depressed I hear voices that are very negative, telling me to kill myself and horrible things that makes me scared.

I’m currently in a depression, hearing voices. I was waking at 3am every day and not going back to bed and they were on at me all the time. Last week I tried to kill myself.

Now I’m under home treatment so I’ve got some meds to sleep so I’m not awake from 3am anymore but I still hear them through the day. I’m waiting to start a depot injection.
The voices always go when I recover from the mood episode.

Would be interested to hear from anyone with the same diagnosis

Last edited by a moderator:
calypso

calypso

Admin
Hiya. I am diagnosed with bipolar and hear voices when I am depressed. They are highly critical and tend to comment on what I am doing all day. Its exhausting and I try very hard not to talk back to them in public in case people really think I have flipped, but sometimes its impossible not to react.

I am sorry you are in a depression at the moment. Its truly awful and people so often don't get it who haven't been through it. I hope the depo injections mean you won't be bothered so much by them. Are they treating the depression as well? I'm finally on a cocktail which suits me and with the Mirtazepine for depression it also knocks me out at night which is good. Lack of sleep is the number one thing which makes any MH condition worse.

Last edited:
arrrstin

arrrstin

I am diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder. It basically a rarer form of being half bipolar and half schizophrenic except when I say "half" I mean it presents with a lesser form of each disorder. I am currently hearing the voice that loves to say things that hurts me. But I am using him to make myself stronger. I have always been shy and whatnot from this disorder (I have only been diagnosed within the last 2 years). I don't even have to leave my room. I already do feel stronger and you can too I hope.

blokadeknight

blokadeknight

Thanks calypso & arrrstin for your replies. I hope you’ve had an ok day?
I take 1000mg of lithium which I’ve been on many years but I’m now waiting for this depot to be organised. I think I’m having aripiprazole which I’ve had before and I think as well as being an anti psychotic, it also helps with depression.

I’m trying my best to manage until this is arranged. Although today I ended up going back to bed in the afternoon as everything was too much.
I’m trying to do things to keep occupied & help with the voices and thoughts but it’s hard when SL depressed

E

ernesto3

Hi everyone,
I just wondered if anyone else with bipolar heard voices during episodes?
I’ve been diagnosed with bipolar for 17 years now. When I am manic I hear voices, usually I think they are from some higher being or whatever, and I hear music.

When I’m depressed I hear voices that are very negative, telling me to kill myself and horrible things that makes me scared.

I’m currently in a depression, hearing voices. I was waking at 3am every day and not going back to bed and they were on at me all the time. Last week I tried to kill myself.

Now I’m under home treatment so I’ve got some meds to sleep so I’m not awake from 3am anymore but I still hear them through the day. I’m waiting to start a depot injection.
The voices always go when I recover from the mood episode.

Would be interested to hear from anyone with the same diagnosis
Yeah I was diagnosed Bipolar I with Hallucinations.

I shared my story I don’t know if you wanna read it. Mine were evil liars and insanely manipulative but I’ve gotten better mostly due to meds & taking better care of myself. Don’t give them power & ignore what you can.