anyone else poor?

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
now mum has died im going to struggle financially
i feel like im being singled out and persecuted ,other people on benefits seem to live so well
no wonder im suicidal when i have to worry about money on top of everything else x

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

I'm poor now but I guess it's my own fault because I didn't hand in the doctors sick notes at the time? but since then I have done so even the one time period I missed out, but also I wasn't wise with my money? I don't know. I'm sure I still get paid the same amount a month despite moving down south to Oxford.
I've now got about £180 to live off until the end of the month.

M

misssadness

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I really know how you feel. I too am poor. I need a bed so badly but cannot afford one. The mattress has springs sticking out of the side. I got a loan from a credit union so I could get a lap top or I would never have been able to have one. I am going to keep having to get loans each time I pay them off to enable me to get things. I am really sorry you are struggling.:hug:

M

misssadness

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I have such bad credit rating that I cannot. Thank you for the idea though.

S

Stray

On long term benefits, no savings or safety net, it is a constant juggle. I would avoid loans, catalogues etc if possible, debt is hard to cope with on very low income. Lu I'd make sure that you can get a benefit check to make sure you're getting all that you can. It won't be easy, but it can be done, a lot of people do have to live solely on benefits xx

Poppy12

Poppy12

As Stray said Lu, get a benefit check as you may be entitled to additional money now you're on your own. When my carer left I was entitled to an additional payment (a severe disability premium) which I hadn't been entitled to previously.

Unique1

Unique1

Hi Lu.

See link below, in case you are not aware of them, they are very helpful.
They will take some details from you, have a read of the link.
they will tell you all the benefits you are entitled to. Really helpful. They helped me.

Turn2us - to access benefits and grants

Unique1 xx

Unique1

Unique1

Hi Lu.

As noNotme says, it would be good if you could get someine to look into this on your behalf. I got CAB as it was all a bit much at the time to call and provide info etc.
So an advocate could do that for you, if you can get one, they could call turn2us.

I think social services will do things like that for you too, although I think you mention you don't have them anymore,
I hope you can seek out the help for this as you may well be entitled to more help now,
Love
Unique1 xx

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
As Stray said Lu, get a benefit check as you may be entitled to additional money now you're on your own. When my carer left I was entitled to an additional payment (a severe disability premium) which I hadn't been entitled to previously.
i cant get the severe disability premium as im only on lower rate dla ,i used to be on middle for years but then when they lowered me i was too ill at the time to appeal
at the moment i get esa support group and dla lower for mobility and care xx

nonotme

nonotme

i cant get the severe disability premium as im only on lower rate dla ,i used to be on middle for years but then when they lowered me i was too ill at the time to appeal
at the moment i get esa support group and dla lower for mobility and care xx
you should alos get housing and council tax benefits as well... but this all need to get sorted asap, I know its a worry but we are here to help and offer advice.

did you try that number?

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
i phoned that number and they said i need to contact the cab

i do get housing benefit and council tax benefit but now i have to start to pay the bedroom tax xx

nonotme

nonotme

i phoned that number and they said i need to contact the cab

i do get housing benefit and council tax benefit but now i have to start to pay the bedroom tax xx
hey Lu, sounds tough and CAB is a good place to start but it seems like you are geting what you can get, maybe look again at your DLA rates but not everyone gets them, I know I have failed serveral times.

mayeb if you can just try and relax over the weekend, not much you can do now till monday, just try and not to stress too much, easier said than done I know.

T

Topcat

I have to have all my finance details written out, or on a basic spreadsheet, so that I can see in black and white what goes out on what date, and what comes in and when. With the total outgoings, and total income, I know exactly what's left for food, petrol, other expenses after paying bills. Otherwise I worry about it all not working out. If I'm worrying, I can do a quick check and get my head round it.
I'm sure things will all work out xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

nonotme

nonotme

I'm not sure what being poor really is?

I'm skint untill benefits day but I have food, and all my bills are up to date (I get help from re-think) with this so I keep on track most weeks.

I don't have any saving and large debts, so is this being poor?

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
maybe when i posted this i was thinking poor was not being able to afford nice things?
i dont know i just worry about struggling for money its just an added worry i dont need
i think i will be ok though xx