Anyone else out there drinking themselves to death

EddieH

EddieH

Its a bit of catch 22, don't think the meds are working so I'm drinking to oblivion which is probably affecting the meds. My liver is cactus but I can't stop. Anyone else caught up in this death spiral?

megirl

megirl

Its hard isn't alcohol use,its the how and the why that one is drinking. Is it or is it not doing more harm than good?
Some people drink to numb the pain then there's me with 'an unusual drinking pattern...' I dont mind being called unusual actually
Anyway alcohol I love it but hate it
How about you

Forgot to mention I drink to feel the pain,to let down my mask (that's the unusual part, I dont mind)

EddieH

EddieH

"Anyway alcohol I love it but hate it"
that sums up my feelings totally
thanks megirl

R

Ramson bangers

I like being drunk and only can last about 3 pints before im totally wasted. It dangerous stuff though im trying to cut down on the substance abuse in general. The drink is wicked stuff like my dad used to say can really send someone down a hole and its hard if being intoxicated is the norm but so easy to fall into. Goodluck Eddie

megirl

megirl

I wish I could control myself around alcohol but since I got rid of my husband (he actually got rid of me)I don't seem to have such a need for it.
How are you eddiehittler, now I mean
Sorry I havnt got many suggestions

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi Eddie,
Sorry to hear your struggling, have you ever tried any therapy?
Take care

EddieH

EddieH

Today I've drunk 7 cans of beer and 2 bottles of wine and still functioning normal. The tolerance I have is pretty ridiculous. It's a waste of money for me more than anything because I get limited effect from it these days. We get a lot of meth dealings in my street, and i curse at them, but I'm no better really. Just another addict.

megirl

megirl

Please dont say you are another addict, you are you,
Sounds like you are struggling,
Do you have access to some outside support,
Be kind to yourself,
When I was drinking I didn't need to be mean to myself my husband did it all for me.
So like me give yourself some slack, we need to put ourselves first

Eddie,I was on antabuse then ended up drinking with it,that made me I'll did it anyway another form of self harm
Now I'm on naltrexone for me this drug is so effective it stops the urge I just have no urge or drive to drink its really weird.
It may or may not be of benefit, have you heard of this medication

EddieH

EddieH

Thanks again megirl. The shrink gave me some valium to detox with which lasted about a day. Yeah antiabuse is weird stuff just made me go bright red. I will ask for some naltrexone next time I'm at the doctors. Sorry everyone for having a moan about my problems.

R

Ramson bangers

If you just drank on weekends do you think you would feel it more? Probably an idea you've thought about already.

megirl

megirl

You aren't moaning just saying how you are feeling,
Antabuse is a bit of a nonevent,redface,heart pounding that goes away,
Certainly ask about naltrexone worth giving it a go

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
You really aren't moaning, you need support.
Hope your able to try a different drug.
Good luck

F

Funnyday

I’m drunk every day. I couldn’t cope with my life without booze.

EddieH

EddieH

If I was living in America with alcohol prices that seem pretty cheap, I would have died years ago. Australia has the some of the highest priced booze in the world. which slows me down a bit and keeps me away from spirits. 1 litre of smirnoff is like $50 aud if you want to compare. But yeah tend to agree with you the meds do little for me.

megirl

megirl

I couldn't believe the prices when we've been to Australia crazy

EddieH

EddieH

It's all backwards here megirl you can get a drinkable bottle of wine for $6 but a 6 pack of beer is $20. I was dumb enough to buy a case of no alcohol beer to try to detox with for $30. It's a massive scam in this country

C

chango

Its a bit of catch 22, don't think the meds are working so I'm drinking to oblivion which is probably affecting the meds. My liver is cactus but I can't stop. Anyone else caught up in this death spiral?
I am. My meds lost affect but now if I lower the dose to tapper of I feel like I'm getting flu. If I drink for days in a row the depression does get worse.

boudreauj4

boudreauj4

A 12 pack of Non-alcohol beer here in NY is about $12.