• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Anyone else have something like this?

J

JustSomeDude1278

Hey everyone,

Been struggling pretty bad lately hence resorting to this site, I've had issues with obsessing as long as I can remember easily over 20 years, it's always taken hours out of my day but it's gotten to the point it's taking days out of my weeks. I just wanted to say a few things and see if there are any people out there that experience the same stuff as I have because I've talked to a few people with OCD but it's always the hand washing or touching stuff a number of times which I have never had a problem with.

Basically I've always sort given myself situated to cope but taken it to the next level, I typically worry about more doing things in a certian way, for example (and this is a bit complex) It takes a few minutes for services to stop on windows when you close cettian applications, so in order to combat this I typically have to wait at least 10 mins to ensure they stop, but that it really matters if it does not stop I mean they would just start back up again or continue running but what would bug me is the odd number that they would a totally start,

In addition to this I can only do things at certian times on the hour, because I dont like the number 13 I'm convinced that it is bad luck or maybe something more superstitious, so I tend to stop myself doing or starting things on the 13th minute of every hour, and also every number on the clock cannot add up to 13 either, for example 4:54AM would add up to 13 so that is a no go, though this has made me better at quick math (big shaq joke). The fact that so many can add up to 13 along with the fact I only get one attempt every hour and cannot be interrupted in what I do can easily take up many hours of the day.

This isnt constant I dont have to do everything like this otherwise I woukdnt be able to get anything done it's mainly things that are uncommon and important to me.

But yeah sorry to write a book but was hoping there might be some people out there that have experienced something like this or something similar, I have put in place many rules to live by and simplified my life as much as possible to avoid problems but at the moment it is just got a bit much and would like some advice as to how you lot deal with it

Thank you for your time

Kuromi

Kuromi

I personally used to experience a similar kind of thing. I kinda got hung up on the number three. Like I had to repeat actions three times, like checking my door, washing my hands, ect. If I didn't do that I'd feel restless or experienced intrusive thoughts like something bad was gonna happen. To me it what you're experiencing doesn't sound strange or out of the ordinary for OCD at all, just kinda exhausting to live with.

What you're experiencing does sound a lot like OCD to me. I don't know if you're diagnosed but I'd look into cognitive behavioural therapy. It really helped me out when I was younger. I still struggle with OCD sometimes, but it is so much better than it used to be. Goodluck! <3

D

Divinepower

I used to be scared from the numbers 13, 49 and 58 and the cause was of course my intrusive thoughts that associated them with superstitious beliefs. So please let go of these thoughts because they aren't real!

P

Pennybrite

Are you taking any medicine for your OCD?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P Does anyone else have a fear of parasites? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 17
TheSadnessWillLastForever Anyone else like this? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
D Anyone else do this! Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
magich8ball Does anyone else struggle with shopping compulsions? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
I OCD Religious Magical Thinking - anyone else? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
E Does anyone else have these thoughts? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
Messedandstressed Anyone else or am I just crazy? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
1 Does anyone else feel that this is true? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 17
F Does anyone else do this? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
S Does Anyone Else Go Through This? PLEASE ANSWER Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
W Has anyone else had a similar problem like this ? please help ? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
T anyone else think or feel like this Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
N H-OCD: Does anyone else have this problem? Need Reassurance/Help Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 9
T Does anyone else have major doubts about the things they love with ocd? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
L Bug phobia-related OCD -- has anyone else experienced this? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
CyranoSCW Obsession with body odor-does anyone else have it? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
H Does anyone else get this with harm ocd? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 8
D My ocd version:Functional Impairment:anyone else got this? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
C Does this obsession sound similar to anyone else's? Kind of gross (fecal related). Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
J Sensorimotor OCD, does anyone else have it? and help! Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 20
D Has anyone had trouble with imagining things? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
D Can anyone help me as I’m in a panic attack? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 9
D Can anyone help me? Please I’m struggling Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 14
M Can anyone relate to these? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
B Anyone have pain and constant sickness with OCD? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
E Anyone here get overwhelmed if they are out a routine Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
A Random earworms, phrases, quotes, sounds on loop anyone? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 15
F Has anyone there been through psychosis due to OCD? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 7
TDCI1994 Submechanophobia anyone have this and OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
M Does anyone here have an obsession with words? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
D Has anyone experienced this! Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
Z Anyone try NAC Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
M Can anyone help me. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
T Has anyone tried hypnosis? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
M Anyone have tips on how to recover OCD/Anxiety Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
jajingna Anyone ever just "get over" your obsessions? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 8
H Is there anyone on earth can help me? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
L Anyone use Clomipramine/Anafranil? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
boogaooga Has anyone here tried ERP for harm OCD? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
K Has anyone watched Straight up on netflix? What are your thoughts? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
K Anyone ever use anafranil for OCD? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
J Was Anyone A Member Of Stuckinadoorway Forum? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
E Can anyone relate to this Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
T Does anyone recall the day their brain officially broke and OCD took over? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 33
A Anyone with a similar contamination OCD? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
E Anyone have any experience with propranolol Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
MissPink Does anyone get support from their loved ones? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
EddieH Anyone know a good medication to stop me sweating so much on Escitalopram Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
MissPink Has anyone tried RediCalm for anxiety? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
A ROCD and long distance relationship, can anyone relate please? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5