• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Anyone else getting severe anxiety thinking about the election?

T

Tom2020

Scared that voter fraud will lead to Biden winning. After hearing his tax plan, immigration plan, health care plan, and emails showing he is literally owned by China.... I feel nervous. And seeing Joe biden side with the criminals burning down the country... My anxiety moved up. My friend store was literally burned down by those criminals and Biden sides with them.

He will destroy this country. Those are my thoughts. I know many here will be opposite of me, but I just wanted to speak my mind about what is bothering me. I know the same anxiety is inside many, no matter which side of the political spectrum.

T

Tom2020

And please... I am not here to debate about my views or to fight. Just here to see if anyone else (Democrat, Republican, etc) is feeling what I am feeling right now over the election. You can say what is bothering you. I like reading what the other side feels, but please I do not want to fight with you.

I want everyone to bond together through shared political anxiety.

Rex Smith

Rex Smith

My state hasn't voted republican since the Reagan administration. California will go to Grandpa Biden.

Rex Smith

Rex Smith

But yes, I get anxiety because I hate presidential elections. It's one of the times the normal people become crazy AF.

T

Tom2020

But yes, I get anxiety because I hate presidential elections. It's one of the times the normal people become crazy AF.
Yeah, I know. I read somewhere everyone is preparing for post-election civil unrest. Jesus Christ, the country has gone crazy.

Bizzarebitrary

Bizzarebitrary

And please... I am not here to debate about my views or to fight. Just here to see if anyone else (Democrat, Republican, etc) is feeling what I am feeling right now
Please do talk about your feelings concerning the election, we share similar ones, many do. But starting your original post with a political screed about Joe Biden is activating, divisive and alienating at least to me. And its unnecessary.

DanL15000

DanL15000

I'm not anxious about the election, but I am about the aftermath if Biden doesn't win by a blowout. I don't want to see the election contested in the courts over mail in ballots. There simply is no evidence that mail in ballots have ever been used to cheat. I won't get into the whole thing as this isn't the Debating Chamber. Either one knows the facts, or they don't.

I look forward to taxes being raised on persons earning over $400,000 per year. It's about time they pay their fair share.

I look forward to the federal minimum wage being raised to $15.00 an hour. There hasn't been a raise since 2009 and the income gap in the United States has become practically criminal. We've working HOMELESS now. That, is not acceptable.

I look forward to some real efforts to control Covid-19. If we hadn't been fooling around, we wouldn't be in such sorry shape today.

I look forward to some real work on healthcare.

I look forward to seeing some effort go to battling climate change with forward thinking efforts to grow the renewable energy industry and create jobs doing it.

And I look forward to some normalcy where people aren't getting shot by cops or having their necks stepped on until dead.

The key will be if the Democrats take the Senate. Otherwise there will be nothing but stalling like there was the last six years of Obama's terms.

Rex Smith

Rex Smith

Yeah, I know. I read somewhere everyone is preparing for post-election civil unrest. Jesus Christ, the country has gone crazy.
It doesn't matter who wins, It's going to be ugly. The USA is like diet coke and the election winner notification are the mentos.

S

sallimae76

Afraid of four more years of Trump. We have to get this disgrace out of office.

P

Purpleplum

I'm not anxious. No matter what, we've gotten through things in the past...we'll get through them again.

Jam1990

Jam1990

Extremely anxious. I can’t take another 4 years of these constant lies and middle school insults on Twitter

N

Nukelavee

Well, it's not my country, but I do fear that a loss by Trump will create huge unrest, as his followers refuse to accept the truth, and create more lies to explain it, and try to make things worse out of spite.

Ladyfair

Ladyfair

I'm not anxious at all which ever one wins i will just be shaking my head.