• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

anyone else get vived and frequent nightmares?

sarahcherry

sarahcherry

almost every night I have very vivid nightmares, when I wake up I remember all the details and they seem very long. I also wake up a lot in a cold sweat. Does anyone experience this? is it to do with having bipolar?

p.s. I have had these for years, long before I started taking medication

C

coraline1664

-

Anyone can have vivid nightmares. I experience them too though not so often at the moment. Sometimes I find it seems to be connected to the way I am laying in bed, I'll wake up in a cold sweat or shouting out and I'll realise I am in physical discomfort- something is digging into me or my legs are in a funny position. So that could cause them sometimes, really though I'm not sure. They're horrible at the time but just remember that they're just bad dreams and not caused by your illness or anything like that.
Hope you have more relaxing rests in the future.... :)
Elizabeth

Last edited:
schiz01

schiz01

I have been having some real beauties of late.Some good and some bad but all very symbolic and vivid.Some days i wake smiling other days i wake crying.
I write mine down soon as i wake and take them along with me to my psychologist.

I see them as a window into the subconscious mind and a useful tool in sorting through my problems.:)

sarahcherry

sarahcherry

ahh write them down thats a good idea! thanks:)

S

skyblue

Night sweats could be caused by the medication. I get this a lot.

:flowers:

N

nattyone

I had terrible nightmares the moment I closed my eyes they started it's what pushed me over the edge , I don't know wether the bipolar caused them or they caused it but I got too afraid to sleep and ended up completly crazy. I was put on a high dose of seroquel and that stopped them. I haven been like that in years but I still can't sleep without my seroquel and if I do try for more than a couple of days the nightmares come back.

sarahcherry

sarahcherry

thanks I didn't know there was anything you could take to help them. I'll mention it to my doctor on thursday maybe she can help!:)