Anyone else find nature therapeutic?

Under_The_Moon

Under_The_Moon

For myself, when I'm feeling blah or anxiety is getting to me I find getting out into nature helps a lot. Somewhere quiet with just the natural sounds of nature, no one around but me and whatever birds and animals I run into. My mind is too busy taking in all the sights, sounds and smells to focus on things that hurt or upset me. I can forget about everything for a short time and just breath. I also have a sleeping disorder but the fresh air helps me sleep better, especially after a long hike.

Does anyone else find nature very therapeutic?

write

write

Yes I do. very much. Is hard to get to nature but if can, is beautiful, the peace helps. I love animals and worry about them, the environment and our impact on it. Glad it helps you xx

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

yep love walking however i am challenged in that dept long story....but yeah its great to be out. sitting and watching the wild birds is always great. my motivation is a meal at the end of the walk! and then a walk back with sitting on benches inbetween.

burt tomato

burt tomato

I am also a walker. I am hoping to get out on some hikes this year. I like to take photos and post a summary on Facebook.

I bought a new waterproof smartphone with a compass especially for walking.

Under_The_Moon

Under_The_Moon

Love it. I love flower gardening. I love sitting out in a rural area, with fireflies and insects. lakeside near water, and my favorite sound is the surf. Like to sleep with a window open a little ways.
You have me daydreaming about summer now lol. Right now my garden is under a foot of snow, but it's good.. things to look forward to

burt tomato

burt tomato

I am looking forward to the summer too. I like to go for a swim in the summer. Or go to the library where it is cool and sit and look at the books.

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

I do,I find being in nature extremely therapeutic.

That's why winter is so depressing,I am stuck inside all the time.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Yes, I do too. But like others have said, I find it has a better effect on me in the summer.
I dislike winter, so don't get out really at all in nature.

Years ago when I was a teenager and lived with my parents, I used to walk the family dog every day - rain or shine. Even the rainy days were enjoyable in some ways.

It's shit because the land I used to walk on was taken over by new people who have put locked gates everywhere so you can't walk there any more. The dog passed away nearly three years ago and I moved out a long time ago.
I suppose things move on and I have to accept that. But I remember those days with my dog with so much love - i'd do anything to go back in time for one more walk with him across those fields.

R_Sxo

R_Sxo

Hi Under_The_Moon,

Definitely! Nature seems to emit a calming energy - going for walks in the forest is so calm and peaceful!x

Much love <3

Under_The_Moon

Under_The_Moon

Yes I do. very much. Is hard to get to nature but if can, is beautiful, the peace helps. I love animals and worry about them, the environment and our impact on it. Glad it helps you xx
Yes, I do too. But like others have said, I find it has a better effect on me in the summer.
I dislike winter, so don't get out really at all in nature.

Years ago when I was a teenager and lived with my parents, I used to walk the family dog every day - rain or shine. Even the rainy days were enjoyable in some ways.

It's shit because the land I used to walk on was taken over by new people who have put locked gates everywhere so you can't walk there any more. The dog passed away nearly three years ago and I moved out a long time ago.
I suppose things move on and I have to accept that. But I remember those days with my dog with so much love - i'd do anything to go back in time for one more walk with him across those fields.
Things change.. personally I hate change. But, thankfully no matter what changes our good memories last a lifetime.

Y939

Y939

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I've always had a thing about birds, so yes, I find nature therapeutic. The only nature I really get, though, is from my window. In the spring and summer months I try to stand at the back door to get some sun and to enjoy the birds, trees, sky. Even my garden is difficult for me. I might stand there for 5 minutes or 20 minutes before retreating. It's mostly the birds and sky for me.

Under_The_Moon

Under_The_Moon

I've always had a thing about birds, so yes, I find nature therapeutic. The only nature I really get, though, is from my window. In the spring and summer months I try to stand at the back door to get some sun and to enjoy the birds, trees, sky. Even my garden is difficult for me. I might stand there for 5 minutes or 20 minutes before retreating. It's mostly the birds and sky for me.
It's still nature :) birds are great, I love watching them at the feeder. I also love the sky too. At night, watching the stars.. thinking about other people who might be gazing at them also, wondering what they are thinking. And in the day looking up at the vastness of the sky. Finding shapes in clouds. It's all so relaxing.

N

natalie

Strangely enough, and we used to keep a pond with fish, no more, I do find squirrels, fascinating how they only learn to fend for themselves, and birds as well are clever, are I feel very theraputic for me. Oh yes, pigeons and or also seagulls as well, at my local area bus and underground train station bus terminus location, well maybe not hundreds, certainly 5 or 6 pigeons can touch down on to ground, at any time, and they're soothing to watch, whilst awaiting for my any one bus to catch to get home!

N

natalie

I had forgotten, i do like looking at cats! However, I'm not a fan of dogs, particularly the medium sized black ones, pointy face, or rotweiler, kinds, don't like the look of them. They also give me a frightful start up on occasions, when I am aware of one, suddenly.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soulsearcher Wellbeing 19
I Wellbeing 6