• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Anyone else find first thing in the morning hard?

Topcat

Topcat

I'm finding that upon waking up I am already sunk by that dread feeling. If it's a work day I have to get up which helps get me moving. If it's a day off I lay there wondering if I could just go back to sleep and avoid waking up. The more I lay there the worse I feel. If I don't know what I'm doing that day it's worse.
Unless my day is full of things to pass the time in some way, I feel anxious and miserable. I think I need to be busy to avoid the way I'm feeling and thinking.
But waking up is the worst time because I'm just laying there thinking.

M

Mrpukkapie

Morning topcat, just get up thinking and knowing one day it will all be over thats what i think.

S

SadRainbow

Yes, I find mornings really hard. I would probably stay in bed forever if I could, preferably asleep.

Topcat

Topcat

Yes, I find mornings really hard. I would probably stay in bed forever if I could, preferably asleep.
Do you feel a bit better once you’re up and about? I tend to, I can even manage to find something that I can feel good doing for a couple of hours. Yesterday it got to 3pm and I just had to get out coz I felt shitty, so me, kids and dog walked across the hills to a pub garden.
But it gets to the evening and I feel crap again.
It’s like physical illness where you always feel worse in the morning and evening.

waldo1954

waldo1954

The time of day seems to make a big difference to me. I'm happier later in the day, because I'm glad the day will be over soon.

SirBooks

SirBooks

I also find the time after waking the hardest. I usually just lay there, contemplating everything as per usual, then somehow muster up strength to get up and ready. Work day or not. I will say that my sleeping hours aren't great tho.

S

SadRainbow

I usually feel a little better once we get out of the house. And yes, evenings can be hard too.

S

SadRainbow

I finally got up but just noticed it's been raining. We'd planned to go to the big park but all the play equipment will be wet. Sigh.

Pedr

Pedr

Yes, 💯%. My meds haven't kicked in and I'm like a mean robot until they do. I actually set my alarm for an hour early so I can lie down and curl up whilst I wait for them to lick in.

FWIW I find evenings horrific too for some reason. My meds just seem to run out of juice at 6pm,I turn super down and pissy and put myself to bed by 7pm. Fun times...

Pete

JessisMe

JessisMe

I'm finding that upon waking up I am already sunk by that dread feeling. If it's a work day I have to get up which helps get me moving. If it's a day off I lay there wondering if I could just go back to sleep and avoid waking up. The more I lay there the worse I feel. If I don't know what I'm doing that day it's worse.
Unless my day is full of things to pass the time in some way, I feel anxious and miserable. I think I need to be busy to avoid the way I'm feeling and thinking.
But waking up is the worst time because I'm just laying there thinking.
Same.

Topcat

Topcat

I finally got up but just noticed it's been raining. We'd planned to go to the big park but all the play equipment will be wet. Sigh.
We went into town to buy shoes and college stuff. It wasted a couple of hours. I hope you got out the house or found something else to do. I'm gonna hide in the Internet for a while x

S

SadRainbow

We're at the park playing crazy golf and it's not raining 👍

M

Marianda

Absolutely yes. Mornings are hell for me. Sometimes I wake up crying like today. If I stay in bed it becomes worse. The key is to take a shower and go somewhere. Actually I'm unemployed therefore I have nowhere to go so I spend my mornings trapped in negative thoughts.

I always feel better at night.

wickedbiscuits

wickedbiscuits

100% The mornings are the worst for me.
I feel so unproductive. I'm currently jobless and so I feel I have no motivation to get up. Thankfully I at least have a horse that needs to be cleaned out and then fed in the evenings but even then I feel like I'm just sitting or lying around.
The evenings are far easier, I couldn't tell you why but I feel far more productive even if I'm not and my thoughts are far more motivational too. Very odd?

S

SadRainbow

Mornings are miserable but I hate bedtime too - I'm all too aware that I've spent yet another day being miserable, that I'll get a break while I sleep but it won't feel like much of a break, and then it all starts again the next day.