• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Anyone else feels wrong when feeling good?

NoNameRequired

NoNameRequired

I am a bitter man, and I have nothing to really live for and have no hope for the future, and as it is expected, I feel terrible all the time. But there are times when, at least inside my mind, nothing is wrong, and I feel good for maybe a couple of minutes, and I hate that. Feeling good means there is something I am not seeing, or something I am not remembering or something I haven't even find out.

When you feel good, you become vulnerable so when the next bad thing inevitably hits you, it will be worse, so I try to keep myself down at all times. I even used to actively look for depressing stuff to feel worse (Incel stuff (Just to feel bad about my appareance, I don't hate women for thinking I'm ugly), economic stuff, poltical stuff, etc) although I don't do it anymore.

There are times when I stop disliking feeling good and I feel good and then some new bad thing happen in the matter of hours. It looks like only bad things will ever happen and I just need to get used to it, but my brain refuses to accept it and I hate that.

To conclude: Feel good is wrong, feel bad is the right thing.

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

Sometimes when I am feeling good I will have a conflicting thought that drops my mood rather quickly. It is usually around feelings of guilt, like there is something I am not doing that needs to be done or that someone else that I know is feeling sick or bad and I am not there for them or able to fix things. Sometimes it's out of my control, but sometimes I can do better.

For me -Feeling good would be the right thing, but I feel wrong.

Bod

Bod

I use to be a bitter and angry young man but I have learnt over the years its not me against the world at all its me against me. So I will sit and think right why am I feeling like this now and all scared and depressed and anxious I just think back to a happy time in my favourite place in Australia as a little boy and I can really smell the air and hear the animals and birds, sometimes it really helps and other times it only just helps but I'm learning everyday in life now on what triggers to stay away from and what to grab and keep.

NoNameRequired

NoNameRequired

I use to be a bitter and angry young man but I have learnt over the years its not me against the world at all its me against me. So I will sit and think right why am I feeling like this now and all scared and depressed and anxious I just think back to a happy time in my favourite place in Australia as a little boy and I can really smell the air and hear the animals and birds, sometimes it really helps and other times it only just helps but I'm learning everyday in life now on what triggers to stay away from and what to grab and keep.
Aren't you afraid to plummet down once you stop remembering happy things? I normally remember good stuff and then feel bad when I realize they are gone forever.

Bod

Bod

Aren't you afraid to plummet down once you stop remembering happy things? I normally remember good stuff and then feel bad when I realize they are gone forever.

Yes I have so many bad things that I have seen or been done to me over my 59 yrs but the good far out weighs the bad, so I try to stay relaxed by having music on 24/7 and try to keep positive thoughts in my life it can be hard some days but I cherish and love the good days and try to pass it on.

NoNameRequired

NoNameRequired

Yes I have so many bad things that I have seen or been done to me over my 59 yrs but the good far out weighs the bad, so I try to stay relaxed by having music on 24/7 and try to keep positive thoughts in my life it can be hard some days but I cherish and love the good days and try to pass it on.
I am afraid that doesn't work for me, remembering happy things only reminds me how miserable I am now. But good for you.

K

Keesha

Feeling good is wrong?

K

Keesha

I hope you are feeling better.