• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Anyone else feel so depressed that they can't move?

E

EasternAir94

I think I'm really depressed. When I'm not in IOP from Friday to Sunday I have no structure so it's all up in the air. I went to the county college yesterday to see what classes I can take and that was good but my dreams of going to school and making a life for myself just went out the window. I keep thinking about all the bad things in my life and it's not good. I don't want to be drowning in my own shit. I can't muster up the energy to do something about it. All I have to do is go over there and pick which classes I want to take but I'm too scared/don't care anymore. Anyone else dying out there?

T

TryingtoThrive

Hey EasternAir94,

I was taking a look in unanswered questions and I came across yours.

How are you doing at the moment?

I do feel so depressed I have no will to more or so anxious I am terrified to move for fear of something bad happening as a result. What do i do with it well i let myself feel it if I have finished work and have nothing to do. I try and fake being ok so i can work then when i get home its sloth time my whole face and body changes when i get through my door way. When I have days off or a weekend I will lounge unashamedly ordering uber eats and letting it all flow through me. But after a max of 4 days I force myself to function again. Walk to the end of the street or even to the shop If i think i can bear it.

I dont know what to suggest but I can share my own way of coping, or trying to cope.

Jbb79

Jbb79

School can be really good, for you x x

Show up, Ask about the curriculum, get books and, Study in advance - - That way you'll know, if it's for you, or not x x

What do you want, to study ? ? A Day full of chores Cures worry better Than most pills, These days x x

U

urhere

Hello!

I agree. I know that something inside of me has died. I'm not the same. I used to be optimistic, cheerful and imaginative. Maybe it's the messed relationship I have with my son or the lack of being able to see my grandkids. Perhaps I feel discouraged because I have been on academic probation at 2 colleges last year or feeling like a failure because I know I could have passed my classes, if it wasn't for all the B*******! Then again, it could be that I don't have a significant other to spend my times with outside myself. Moreover, it could be from all the projects I started that I knew I could finish but was rudely interrupted!

In any case, I get up in the mornings, smoke, bathe, get dressed, get back in bed, be a half hour late for my appointments (if I have any from the VA), sit in the chair telling myself that I am here, I have importance, it's not too late. Sitting there listening to people moving about, coming and going in and out, a world that I don't feel a part of. Something inside of me says "Fight"! but I am too tired of fighting, too tired of trying but deep down, I want to live.

Jbb79

Jbb79

Hello!

I agree. I know that something inside of me has died. I'm not the same. I used to be optimistic, cheerful and imaginative. Maybe it's the messed relationship I have with my son or the lack of being able to see my grandkids. Perhaps I feel discouraged because I have been on academic probation at 2 colleges last year or feeling like a failure because I know I could have passed my classes, if it wasn't for all the B*******! Then again, it could be that I don't have a significant other to spend my times with outside myself. Moreover, it could be from all the projects I started that I knew I could finish but was rudely interrupted!

In any case, I get up in the mornings, smoke, bathe, get dressed, get back in bed, be a half hour late for my appointments (if I have any from the VA), sit in the chair telling myself that I am here, I have importance, it's not too late. Sitting there listening to people moving about, coming and going in and out, a world that I don't feel a part of. Something inside of me says "Fight"! but I am too tired of fighting, too tired of trying but deep down, I want to live.
That's how I Felt, then I got into Anti-war Movements x x

F

fightingdep

I think I'm really depressed. When I'm not in IOP from Friday to Sunday I have no structure so it's all up in the air. I went to the county college yesterday to see what classes I can take and that was good but my dreams of going to school and making a life for myself just went out the window. I keep thinking about all the bad things in my life and it's not good. I don't want to be drowning in my own shit. I can't muster up the energy to do something about it. All I have to do is go over there and pick which classes I want to take but I'm too scared/don't care anymore. Anyone else dying out there?
Dying out here. Going to college too. Last few weeks I've been dead inside. I know THE STRUGGLE. I'm at the final year, doing research and completing my thesis. I know I have things to do, but I couldn't move. I scared of what I'm going to do. Now I feel like drowning in my own shit too. I'm hanging in here, struggling to do what I need to do to graduate. I just hope my lecturer could see that i'm mentally ill and trying to do my best.