Anyone else feel so depressed that they can't move?

E

EasternAir94

I think I'm really depressed. When I'm not in IOP from Friday to Sunday I have no structure so it's all up in the air. I went to the county college yesterday to see what classes I can take and that was good but my dreams of going to school and making a life for myself just went out the window. I keep thinking about all the bad things in my life and it's not good. I don't want to be drowning in my own shit. I can't muster up the energy to do something about it. All I have to do is go over there and pick which classes I want to take but I'm too scared/don't care anymore. Anyone else dying out there?

T

TryingtoThrive

Hey EasternAir94,

I was taking a look in unanswered questions and I came across yours.

How are you doing at the moment?

I do feel so depressed I have no will to more or so anxious I am terrified to move for fear of something bad happening as a result. What do i do with it well i let myself feel it if I have finished work and have nothing to do. I try and fake being ok so i can work then when i get home its sloth time my whole face and body changes when i get through my door way. When I have days off or a weekend I will lounge unashamedly ordering uber eats and letting it all flow through me. But after a max of 4 days I force myself to function again. Walk to the end of the street or even to the shop If i think i can bear it.

I dont know what to suggest but I can share my own way of coping, or trying to cope.

Jbb79

Jbb79

ACCOUNT CLOSED
School can be really good, for you x x

Show up, Ask about the curriculum, get books and, Study in advance - - That way you'll know, if it's for you, or not x x

What do you want, to study ? ? A Day full of chores Cures worry better Than most pills, These days x x

U

urhere

Hello!

I agree. I know that something inside of me has died. I'm not the same. I used to be optimistic, cheerful and imaginative. Maybe it's the messed relationship I have with my son or the lack of being able to see my grandkids. Perhaps I feel discouraged because I have been on academic probation at 2 colleges last year or feeling like a failure because I know I could have passed my classes, if it wasn't for all the B*******! Then again, it could be that I don't have a significant other to spend my times with outside myself. Moreover, it could be from all the projects I started that I knew I could finish but was rudely interrupted!

In any case, I get up in the mornings, smoke, bathe, get dressed, get back in bed, be a half hour late for my appointments (if I have any from the VA), sit in the chair telling myself that I am here, I have importance, it's not too late. Sitting there listening to people moving about, coming and going in and out, a world that I don't feel a part of. Something inside of me says "Fight"! but I am too tired of fighting, too tired of trying but deep down, I want to live.

Jbb79

Jbb79

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hello!

I agree. I know that something inside of me has died. I'm not the same. I used to be optimistic, cheerful and imaginative. Maybe it's the messed relationship I have with my son or the lack of being able to see my grandkids. Perhaps I feel discouraged because I have been on academic probation at 2 colleges last year or feeling like a failure because I know I could have passed my classes, if it wasn't for all the B*******! Then again, it could be that I don't have a significant other to spend my times with outside myself. Moreover, it could be from all the projects I started that I knew I could finish but was rudely interrupted!

In any case, I get up in the mornings, smoke, bathe, get dressed, get back in bed, be a half hour late for my appointments (if I have any from the VA), sit in the chair telling myself that I am here, I have importance, it's not too late. Sitting there listening to people moving about, coming and going in and out, a world that I don't feel a part of. Something inside of me says "Fight"! but I am too tired of fighting, too tired of trying but deep down, I want to live.
That's how I Felt, then I got into Anti-war Movements x x

F

fightingdep

I think I'm really depressed. When I'm not in IOP from Friday to Sunday I have no structure so it's all up in the air. I went to the county college yesterday to see what classes I can take and that was good but my dreams of going to school and making a life for myself just went out the window. I keep thinking about all the bad things in my life and it's not good. I don't want to be drowning in my own shit. I can't muster up the energy to do something about it. All I have to do is go over there and pick which classes I want to take but I'm too scared/don't care anymore. Anyone else dying out there?
Dying out here. Going to college too. Last few weeks I've been dead inside. I know THE STRUGGLE. I'm at the final year, doing research and completing my thesis. I know I have things to do, but I couldn't move. I scared of what I'm going to do. Now I feel like drowning in my own shit too. I'm hanging in here, struggling to do what I need to do to graduate. I just hope my lecturer could see that i'm mentally ill and trying to do my best.

albie

albie

I just want to sleep all day. To escape my own mind. But I cannot. Things are worse for me lately.