• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Anyone else feel like this?

P

Positano

I have everything to live for ... family,decent job etc but still feel depressed all the time. On meds, tried cbt nothing works for long.

T

TOONAFISH

its crap isn't it. i am feeling up and down at the moment. but sometimes i am so depressed and for what?? get over it i keep telling myself but still the blues hit!

wishing you well x

K

Kate31

treatment

I know it's very frustrating when nothing seems to help - age 17-29 i tried about 7 diff meds but finally last year my psych tried a combination of venlafaxine/quetiepine and using light-box & CBT/CAT has helped.

Have everything to live for on the surface too but depression can happen to anyone - regardless of circumstances...if you can get 'Depressive illness:Curse of the strong by Dr Tim Cantopher (he trained with my psych) it helps explain depression and treatment really well...

P

Positano

Thanks

Thanks for the replies. Depression can only be understood by those who have been there.

J

JETBOY

Never have highs

im 51 and have worked hard all through deppression to give my family everything ,money we dont have but a nice house car ,the usaul stuff ,
non of it means anything to me ,i dont feel happiness ,i dont laugh ,i dont have freinds anymore ,life is pretty sterile ,i look forward to nothing ,days dont exsist ,it just one long hell ,deviod of all emotions ,,,,,,sound familier ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,JETBOY