anyone else experience weird empty feeling?

L

lynthemeter

Hey,

sorry if i dont do a great job explaining this, but does anyone else ever feel a kind of feeling similar to homesickness, where you just feel weirdly empty and devoid? its not a permanent feeling, but i'll occasionally get it and its mildly uncomfortable. it feels as though ive just been pulled out of myself for a moment, not in like a dissociation way, just in an awareness of sadness if that makes sense? it happened half an hour ago i was sitting with my laptop and it struck me, and i just felt oddly disconnected and slightly disturbed at everything. like i found everything off putting and fake, and i'll become annoyed by it and feel unattached. it'll last about 30ish seconds and then go away. i should mention i experienced this as a child and i think it's coming back. i keep thinking it has something to do with deja vu but the opposite definition, i dont know the word but its kinda like everything you are aware of becomes strangely unfamiliar for a few moments.

im just wondering if this is a symptom of my depression and if anyone shares this? i'll understand if no one knows what im talking about lol but if you have any insight please drop a reply.

Luci

Luci

I used to. It's a trait of BPD in my case. I don't get this feeling anymore but my mood and general outlook had improved massively since then. It would come out of nowhere. I would use distraction techniques and logical thinking to disarm these feelings. Have you been diagnosed with depression?

L

lynthemeter

well i was never "told" i have depression per say but was on the line for therapy and given antidepressants. im on the therapy waiting list. i was curious as to what it was because i swear ive experienced it when i was younger, but it has come back full swing and it makes me feel sad, so i thought maybe it was linked to depression or some other mood disorder

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

Could be a mix of both anxiety and depression at the same time. Mostly folk just have one or the other pretty much of the time but I believe that you can get them both at the same time.

If you are experiencing long bouts of stress this is most likely why both anxiety and depression converge imo

Luci

Luci

I reckon Blacksmoke is right. Write the feelings and sensations that bother you down, so that when you do start therapy you have somewhere to start. In the meantime just be kind to yourself, diagnosis and understanding yourself is a long journey for most. You have made an excellent start by seeking support ♡

P

Pollypop

Hey,

sorry if i dont do a great job explaining this, but does anyone else ever feel a kind of feeling similar to homesickness, where you just feel weirdly empty and devoid? its not a permanent feeling, but i'll occasionally get it and its mildly uncomfortable. it feels as though ive just been pulled out of myself for a moment, not in like a dissociation way, just in an awareness of sadness if that makes sense? it happened half an hour ago i was sitting with my laptop and it struck me, and i just felt oddly disconnected and slightly disturbed at everything. like i found everything off putting and fake, and i'll become annoyed by it and feel unattached. it'll last about 30ish seconds and then go away. i should mention i experienced this as a child and i think it's coming back. i keep thinking it has something to do with deja vu but the opposite definition, i dont know the word but its kinda like everything you are aware of becomes strangely unfamiliar for a few moments.

im just wondering if this is a symptom of my depression and if anyone shares this? i'll understand if no one knows what im talking about lol but if you have any insight please drop a reply.

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

yep dude i get this sometimes like you said it creeps up then is like a smack in the face. For me i think of all the things i want and look at where i am in life which for me causes the empty feeling

P

Pollypop

Sorry about the quote above.
Must have pressed something by accident.
I’m pretty good at such mistakes.!!

I suffer both anxiety and depression.
Received treatment for both.