• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Anyone else ever think about this?

L

Listerine98

Former member
Over the past few months, I’ve really warmed up to the idea of euthanasia. As much as my family would be against it and fight me, I’d love it. Ultimately this is my life and my choice. I never asked to be born, and I feel like this would be the best way to go. I could spend my last few months watching my favorite movies with family, eating my favorite foods, going around and saying my goodbyes to the people who’ve meant the most to me. Then I might even get to have my immediate family next to me when I passed peacefully with dignity. There’s no way I’d qualify for it unfortunately but it’s nice to think about. It’s the best possible way to go. I wish I could qualify for it. Sure there’s probably some crock in a foreign country who’d do it illegally, but I’d want to do it by the books. I know this forum is against the act of taking lives but does anyone else ever think about euthanasia as an option for themselves? Do you enjoy the idea of it?

jajingna

jajingna

I dunno about euthanasia. Seems like there are cases for which it ought to be available, in my opinion. Like many others I'm sure who have been depressed or otherwise unwell, or just fed up, there have been times I wanted to just go to sleep and not wake up. Some days before I was upset to wake up and have another day being sick and no one having any idea how bad those days were because there was no way for anyone to know. The state of mind I had then really couldn't be put into words that would allow anyone to know what the experience was like. Fortunately that passed after some long months or a year or two, but those were hard days, and during them I was not keen on continuing with this life. Sometimes I'm still not, but things are currently better than that at least.

E

EclipticNight

I thought about this at length. Implementing it would be difficult but I did come up with some laws and rules so that just those in the grip of depression can't end their lives because of the struggles of the moment, but other like myself with several mental and physical disorders could so as to not suffer as I do even when as close to happy as I get. I figure age, number and types of disorders, prognosis, the person's choice and clarity of mind would all be factors.

L

Listerine98

Former member
I thought about this at length. Implementing it would be difficult but I did come up with some laws and rules so that just those in the grip of depression can't end their lives because of the struggles of the moment, but other like myself with several mental and physical disorders could so as to not suffer as I do even when as close to happy as I get. I figure age, number and types of disorders, prognosis, the person's choice and clarity of mind would all be factors.
Yeah I
Yeah and I can appreciate that because they want to make sure the process isn’t abused. But at the same time I wish I could qualify for it so badly

E

Ele123

Yes I think if people don't want to be alive they shouldnt have to suffer but I think if people genuinely want to die they will end their life anyway. My stepdaughter did at 18. She didnt want to live so she done it.