anyone else do this?

E

EstherRose94

Would there be a reason for me to be convincing myself (1) my bf doesn’t like me/ hates me and (2) I don’t care anyway?

Because I don’t think either is true but I don’t like thinking so negatively all the time and it’s weird. Is it justified?

E

EstherRose94

Ohhh. So like at the very least I shouldn’t feel super guilty about it I guess.

Are there techniques to overcome splitting specifically?

Flameheart

Flameheart

ACCOUNT CLOSED
i do it with my fp as well, i idolise him then ill have a phase where i hate him and think he has bad intentions, i guess it surfaces our deepest insecurities about the relationship

i don't know what advice to give, but maybe this video can help you and also know in detail what it is

E

EstherRose94

Awesome. Thank you.

Keesha

Keesha

Thabk you BP Devil.
THIS is SO me.
Wow. We really are our own breed.

E

EstherRose94

Thabk you BP Devil.
THIS is SO me.
Wow. We really are our own breed.
Hahah. That made me laugh. I know. It’s like frustrating when other people don’t think I make any sense and it’s like yeah logically I see that but this is still happening in my head.

ninarose

ninarose

my girlfriend does this, don’t feel bad as you can’t help it and try to talk about how you’re feeling to your boyfriend so he can give you some reassurance, i try to let my girlfriend know that she doesn’t have to feel bad for asking for help/confirmation of my feelings.

E

EstherRose94

That’s so sweet of you! Sometimes my bf takes the “do I not show you enough love?” Or “that’s concerning that you don’t know by now” route. I wind up feeling guilty.

Keesha

Keesha

Would there be a reason for me to be convincing myself (1) my bf doesn’t like me/ hates me and (2) I don’t care anyway?

Because I don’t think either is true but I don’t like thinking so negatively all the time and it’s weird. Is it justified?
ALL the TIME!! It creates such frantic chaos in me and when I read a book years ago about BPD it really struck a chord with me. Now that I’m aging I forgot and reading about this has been so helpful so Thank You for asking !

ninarose

ninarose

That’s so sweet of you! Sometimes my bf takes the “do I not show you enough love?” Or “that’s concerning that you don’t know by now” route. I wind up feeling guilty.
it sounds like he still doesn’t totally understand how your disorder can cause a lot of insecurities and need for extra assurances, maybe try to explain that further with him :( i’m sure he’ll try to understand better

E

EstherRose94

For sure ☺ He’s very loving but he’s kinda stubborn too. I’m learning to not jump to negative conclusions with him but it’s quite the steep learning curve lol.

Matthew 666

Matthew 666