• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Anyone else diagnosed with mixed depression and anxiety?

Confusedandanxious

Confusedandanxious

I always knew I had depression and anxiety along with bpd but the way it was wrote made me do a quick google search.
Turns out mixed anxiety and depression goes under the name of MADD.

I dont know if this means they're less severe than they would be on their own, or if they're worse since they're so close together.
I know the severity doesnt matter if it has an impact on my day to day life, but I find my anxiety cripples me. Which would lead to that being stronger than the depression, which would then make that diagnosis void.

That's just what I gather from reading. I picked up that both the depression and anxiety have an equal impact, neither being more than the other for either one to qualify for a diagnosis on their own.
But I definitely know that my anxiety affects me a whole load more than depression. Or at least that's how it feels.

Hopefully somebody else also has this diagnosis and can help me understand it better. I stopped reading as it was just frustrating me.
I know it doesnt matter, but I like to understand the best I can.

A

AussieGeoff

Hello Confusedandanxious, if somebody has depression then anxiety is always close behind it, or vice-versa, and both can have a significant effect on your family life, uni, or work causing many different reactions, but you can't try and cope by yourself, you need medical help.

Confusedandanxious

Confusedandanxious

Thank you for your reply.

I understand the anxiety and depression, it was this diagnosis of mixed anxiety-depression that confused me. Instead of anxiety and depression.

After further research on it, I found out that it means both anxiety and depression are present, just in a milder, but constant form. To the point neither reach a full diagnosis in themselves. However, stress can and likely will cause one or the other to go into full generalized anxiety disorder or major depression.

Which makes complete sense, because I am usually able to cope and manage well unless something stresses me and then usually my anxiety takes over. Obviously with BPD it doesnt take much to stress me and so that's why anxiety affects me more.

I'm thankful that it's the anxiety that comes about more than the major depression.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
siamesetwins Does anyone else have this? Mental Health Experiences 6
M Does anyone else think people are BAD? Mental Health Experiences 18
D Anyone else been driven crazy from pain? Mental Health Experiences 3
C Anyone else lie in bed for weeks that turn into months with depression?... Mental Health Experiences 6
KittyCat92 Can anyone else relate? Am I just going crazy? Mental Health Experiences 1
Amelia2020 Anyone else find themselves crying at anything on Television? Mental Health Experiences 2
Novastars Does anyone else find it hard to ask for help? Mental Health Experiences 27
E Has anyone else had a positive experience with every prescribed medication Mental Health Experiences 1
Amelia2020 Anyone else sick of thinking negative all the time? Mental Health Experiences 13
T I have no identity, I am a blank slate (anyone else?) Mental Health Experiences 6
MissPink Does anyone else think this is rude? Mental Health Experiences 9
jacquelinx Is anyone else obsessed with dates, times, and numbers? Mental Health Experiences 5
C Hurt me so I wouldn’t hurt anyone else? Mental Health Experiences 2
Shana09 I have been told that my doctors may never diagnose me, has anyone else been in this position? Mental Health Experiences 7
I Is anyone else like this? Mental Health Experiences 2
Jewels2020 Anyone else feel scattered in coping with a to do list? Mental Health Experiences 2
Annelis I wonder if anyone else experience this Mental Health Experiences 2
S Just want to know if anyone else knows this feeling Mental Health Experiences 9
M Does anyone else say things in there heads that brings them discomfort Mental Health Experiences 2
R Anyone else feel such mental anguish? Mental Health Experiences 2
C Does anyone else get weird depressed 90's shopping centre nostalgia? Mental Health Experiences 15
S Does anyone else become extremely reckless when drunk? Mental Health Experiences 8
J Anyone else get this feeling from partners? Mental Health Experiences 4
S Anyone stuck in hospital for Xmas? Any one else Mental Health Experiences 2
P Does anyone else feel like you're beyond help? Mental Health Experiences 1
L Not sure if anyone else does this... Mental Health Experiences 1
J Anyone else here heard of Irlen Syndrome? Mental Health Experiences 3
2 Ruined a friendship during an episode - anyone else? Mental Health Experiences 2
B Tensional headache and social anxiety, anyone else? Mental Health Experiences 1
D Does anyone else like being wrapped up tight in a blanket? Mental Health Experiences 18
S Does anyone else connect colors to certain numbers or letters? Mental Health Experiences 24
L does anyone else feel like they have no purpose in life Mental Health Experiences 21
echo66 Does anyone else dread this time of year....? Mental Health Experiences 11
U Does anyone else get emotional when listening to classical music? Or am I just unstable? Mental Health Experiences 10
L Is anyone else called sick when they are not? Mental Health Experiences 8
Gajolene Does anyone else here have Exema Mental Health Experiences 4
N Did anyone else hear voices as a kid? Mental Health Experiences 7
Poppy12 Feeling trapped - anyone else? Mental Health Experiences 15
echo66 Did anyone else have problems coming to terms with their counselling sessions ending...? Mental Health Experiences 11
Unique1 Fear of people I used to know prior to having MI anyone else experience this? Mental Health Experiences 18
Davey Blueeyes Does anyone else have trouble going to bed? Mental Health Experiences 4
A Anyone else experience temporary delusions/hallucinations? Mental Health Experiences 6
D Anyone else here have Misophonia? Mental Health Experiences 7
Zoe :) Anyone else? Mental Health Experiences 10
T Anyone else ??.... Mental Health Experiences 16
worrymuffin has anyone else had this?? Mental Health Experiences 2
P does anyone else struggle to hold on to meaning/truth? Mental Health Experiences 12
D Does anyone feel as screwed up as I do? Mental Health Experiences 45
Naturelove7 Dysfunctional Family, Anyone? Mental Health Experiences 4
Q Does anyone sometimes hate their mother? Mental Health Experiences 9