Anyone else been told they have special powers?

T

troubled

Hello, so now my voices are telling me I've got special powers. They have changed over the past day or two. I mentioned in another post that I apologised to bullies in work for reporting them for bullying me and the voices have gone down a bit. But they have also changed their tone and now they are telling me, via a combination of voices/thoughts/twitches, that I've got special powers. They've told me I will one day float out a window.

Thankfully I don't feel like acting on this one and it's a lot less scary than the nuclear war thoughts that I had before. I know that many other people will have been told they have special powers but am just wondering what those special powers are?

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I once had a delusion that London was hit by a nuclear bomb. The americans did it. I was out all night walking, and managed to get myself a good 4-5 miles away from home.

Part of the delusion was that I died and I had woke up alive after the nuclear bomb. It was intense.

Passionflower

Passionflower

God tells me I have special powers to help people but I'm not sure I believe him.

F

fidget

i was told that i had the ability to heal/help people emotionally just by being near them but doing so used up my life force.

it was a bit of a conundrum and i felt put me in a bit of double bind when i was on the psych ward (I should help these people, but they are so damaged that if i do i could die, so i should be away from these people, but i can't get away from these people because i am locked in here)

OCDguy

OCDguy

I mentioned in another post that I apologised to bullies in work for reporting them for bullying me and the voices have gone down a bit. But they have also changed their tone and now they are telling me, via a combination of voices/thoughts/twitches, that I've got special powers. They've told me I will one day float out a window.

Thankfully I don't feel like acting on this one and it's a lot less scary than the nuclear war thoughts that I had before. I know that many other people will have been told they have special powers but am just wondering what those special powers are?
There is no excuse for bullying, and we need to make a stand, and let them know it is NOT acceptable! It is them that should be apologising to you, and take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror! On a different note I'm glad you had the sense not to go floating out of a window. How did the thoughts of nuclear war go?

Kerome

Kerome

Everybody's delusions are a bit different... and even if the starting thought is good, like Fidget's "healing people emotionally by being near them" (which is kind of true if you think of it, lots of people respond positively to friendship, company and conversation) a negative tradeoff often gets attached to it. It's like a little mini story that gets told to you.

I ended up calling them scenario's. It's like a play. Often the same voices come back in different roles. I once had one where I was the world's first telepath, but telepathy could be awakened in others at a distance, and I was forming a telepath army to fight for freedom with the help of Stephen Hawking amongst others, it was quite exciting. I was walking through various towns in England at night, while this complex scenario was unfolding in my head...

But the negative consequences often come with the second or third 'turns' of thinking, what happens when you keep riffing on the theme of the original thought the voices may have started off in you. Eventually you can shift the focus onto the voices themselves, if you can see that they re-occur, that the same voice that used to play this role is now playing that role. You can start to relate to them as "just voices", with a few properties... I used to have a hissing voice that only played villains. Or a lovely feminine voice that played only helpful, caring types.

T

troubled

I agree with you, OCD guy, it should have been them apologising to me. But I can only tell you that when I apologised to them, the thoughts about the war went right down. That seems to be how they went away. I'd been having a nightmare of a time and had gotten picked up twice by the police for wandering the streets at 3am with no shoes and socks on and no coat. I thought I was stopping the war. But once I sent the emails apologising, the thoughts about the war all went away. I still have the voices but they are not as bad as they were before I made the apologies.

Kerome, the ideas that you had sounded very interesting - I can see why you found them exciting. It's just so strange how so many people can think they have special powers when we are ill. It just seems to be a common theme.

I am wondering if anybody's "special powers" thoughts arise from having low self esteem? It's like the badness you feel inside gets counteracted by having thoughts of special powers. I definitely have low self esteem, always have, and I think that might just be why some of my delusions involved being special.

Passionflower

Passionflower

I have relatively low self esteem and that may be why I have voices telling me I have 'special pwoers'. My psychologist has that theory too.

DeathMuffin

DeathMuffin

I use to think I could read the future with a deck of cards. I'd go through random cards and pretend that the randomness actually made some kind of sense. When I got to a card I didn't understand or didn't make sense to the narrative I wanted I'd keep drawing new cards. Like I'd try to draw the queen of hearts - meaning I'd fall in love. The jack of dimonds - I'd have wealth and riches. If I drew the five of clubs or something else that didn't make sense - I'd just keep drawing new cards until I got "the future" I wanted.

I can't read the future. I know this now - but back then this feeling gave me a huge sense of joy. The problem with crazy is that crazy often feels better then the real world. Feeling you are special is always a good feeling - but it's not real. Alot of marketing companies want to try to make you feel special so they can sell you crap - don't buy what they are selling. :)

T

Tonic

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Obviously hearing Other peoples thoughts is a special power.

Putting energy into things so that they move or turn off or break.

Flying. (Falling with style)

Conversing with angels.

Conversing with people over a large distance.

Conversing with people over different times (talking to people in the past/future)

Astral projection

Telekinesis.

T

Tonic

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Knowing things without anyone ever telling you.

Such as knowing what someone's name is without ever finding it out the normal way.

Knowing someone's telephone number,

Mr.NiceGuy

Mr.NiceGuy

making eye contact with cars that you can't see the people in

When In Rome

When In Rome

My brother has. But then he is Superman.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I don't see it as 'special powers'. I tend to think of it has being on the spiritual spectrum.

If schizophrenia is a crisis of spirit/ spiritual emergency, then indeed we may have spiritual side effects, such as synchronicity, visions, clauraudience, psychic behaviour etc.

Mr.NiceGuy

Mr.NiceGuy

I once had a delusion that London was hit by a nuclear bomb. The americans did it. I was out all night walking, and managed to get myself a good 4-5 miles away from home.

Part of the delusion was that I died and I had woke up alive after the nuclear bomb. It was intense.
I hear what you're saying man I've had delusions that should have made the news as well. That's how I later proved they weren't real.

S

saynow

Hello, so now my voices are telling me I've got special powers. They have changed over the past day or two. I mentioned in another post that I apologised to bullies in work for reporting them for bullying me and the voices have gone down a bit. But they have also changed their tone and now they are telling me, via a combination of voices/thoughts/twitches, that I've got special powers. They've told me I will one day float out a window.

they told me too much they can awake dead they can kill me and awake me (restart) they told me we can make you atom and fly and so that you can fly out of window too many many thing i cant even count .sometime they say they love me sometime they hate and torture and sometime they just wanna kidding