• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Anyone else been sectioned?

B

Betty Boop

Hi everyone!
I had a manic episode - which was supposed to be a one-off six months ago, during which I had physcotic delusions where I thought I was famous etc etc and ended up being sectioned and in hospital for three weeks. Has this happened to anyone else?? feeling so alone:cry:

S

*Sapphire*

Hi Betty Boop

And :welcome: to the forum. I haven't had your difficulties but i have been sectioned for a time due to mental health problems.

I am sure if you take a look through some of the forums we have you will find there is a lot of support and understanding to be found here. And I hope that you learn that you are far from alone with this.

Take care
Sapphire

T

the dino bear

hi betty boop i have just cme off section i was sectioned for 3 years in various institutions. i completly understand where you are coming from and i can assure you there are many people in your situation. if you need some one to talk to i will be more than happy to offer any support you need.
take care of yourself xxxxx:grouphug::grouphug:

A

Anastassia Florine

Dino Bear, weere you in the institutions for the whole 3 years? Wow!

I was sectioned (well, actually, I don't think it's called that in Texas or British Columbia, but anyway) 3 times, once in Houston for 14 days and twice in Vancouver (once it was supposed to be for a 30-day evaluation but I was let out after 7 days with no evaluation, the second time it was for 2 days in the ER and the psych ward was closed due to a deadly digestive disease and then they couldn't find a program to release me to so they just released me, period, with no med changes or rescheduled appointments or anything. If any of you want to hear about my experiences it's on the first page of my Livejournal; anastassia54.livejournal.com. :)

Betty, you are NOT alone.

F

flamehairedlunatic

I've only been sectioned under a 136 - by the police - and taken to A&E as a place of safety.

Managed to avoid being sectioned on two other occasions though. Once because I threatened to self-discharge after a life threatening O/D and there was a great social worker with the psych liaison team who helped make sure the doctors didn't section me and the other time because my Mum bullied me into signing the forms.

I'm surprised I haven't been sectioned more times but then no one ever really seems to listen to me when I honestly tell them how I feel and I manage to run out of mental health act assessments with no one bothering to conduct a follow up.

Guess the mental health services where I live are just crap really.

C

Charlie123

Hi everyone!
I had a manic episode - which was supposed to be a one-off six months ago, during which I had physcotic delusions where I thought I was famous etc etc and ended up being sectioned and in hospital for three weeks. Has this happened to anyone else?? feeling so alone:cry:
Where about where you sectioned Betty? England or scotland?

Gail

Gail

hi and wellcome to the boards. I have been sectioned 10 times now anything you want to talk about sectioning just fire away

C

Charlie123

Where were you sectioned? Scotland or england?