Anyone else been paid ESA early?

W

*winofunk*

Have received one week payment of ESA today.
Payment is not due until 7th January.
Anyone else been paid early?

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
mine was due on friday and that is when i got it
sometimes if a bank holiday/holiday is involved they make payments early
that has happened to me before x
am sure you do not need to worry x

W

*winofunk*

Hello Lu.
Nice to see you here :)

Am not worried. Just confused. Got my last fortnightly payment early. It was due on the 25th of December. It was paid to me on 21st December. My next payment is not due until Tuesday 8th January.

That said, they have paid me 1 weeks money today, and will pay the remaining 1 week amount due on 8th January. Then my normal payments resume from 22nd January. All very odd.

N

natalie

I should think i t's probably due to either one or two things, maybe because of the holiday festiivties, they couldn't pay the banks on time, and also, there might be an element of staff training (if there is such a thing as staff training) involved, and that could also be why, they wouldn't have been able to pay you your benefits properly. I should most likely think, it's regarding the holiday festiviities this time of year.

Let's hope for you that as they say, you will have your benefit payment righted for the 8th January. And then thereafter fortnightly.

N

natalie

I've just seen your post in new posts;

ahh well that does obvisouly explain it then, it's due to the holidays, and that's why you were paid earlier than normal, I also am baffled for you regarding the just 1 weeks' worth of pay thouigh.

I'm sure that when it's the normal calendar time, things will then returned to be deemed as normal.

F

Funnyday

If it's due to be paid on a Bank Holiday. They usually pay it early. Mine was early before Christmas and also New year day was an early payment.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
it hasn't happened to me 31st got esa and pip paid in so flush, maybe to be paranoid it's something to do with the changover to universal credit

fazza

fazza

it hasn't happened to me 31st got esa and pip paid in so flush, maybe to be paranoid it's something to do with the changover to universal credit
Nothing to do with universal credit. Why would it be?

N

natalie

This is what I also t hought, absolutely nothing to do with, universial credit, and should it so be, a letter would have been in the post detailing for down the line, what was then to be happening, I think it is the case, of slight paranoia - here.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
Nothing to do with universal credit. Why would it be?
universal credit has been rolled out over xmas, if so theres no evidence it's efffected my claim

fazza

fazza

You won't automatically be switched to universal credit without a major change in circumstances.

They would write to you. They wouldn't just swap you over without warning.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
You won't automatically be switched to universal credit without a major change in circumstances.

They would write to you. They wouldn't just swap you over without warning.
when they announced the benefit reforms they said it wouldn't effect existing claimants, whether they're universal credit promises will be there in 6 months time

fazza

fazza

Look how long it took to change over everyone from the old IB to ESA. I think it's still going on now.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
Look how long it took to change over everyone from the old IB to ESA. I think it's still going on now.
nevertheless it happened and i'd say that didn't help my health

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
just got the capability for work questionairre from the health assessment advisory service, my friends when i have issues aren't there for me though they expect me to be there for them

put it down to sending in that bank statement as requested and some of the things on it including internet payments

does my head in proving i'm ill

fazza

fazza

Sorry to hear you got the dreaded form. Not a good start to 2019. Good luck and get some help filling it in.

Are you in the support group at the moment?