anyone else ask these questions?

I

InTheTrees

Ok so I guess I’m reaching out here, I need to know if these are the questions that run through anyone else’s head or if I’m alone.

How aware are you if your place in the world? How much time a day do you spend thinking about it ? Is this a cave man thing wondering where I am in the human race tribe? How do I help my tribe live a better life ? How do we move forward how do we all live the best lives we can? How do I fix all these things that are killing my fellow man draining his soul, taking away his very essence and repurposing him into a simple manageable placid consumer? How do I get everyone in the tribe to be the best they can and set free their potential? How do I live for what’s real ?
How do I make sure anyone else asking these questions isn’t getting their answers from newspapers who’s ideology is driven by personal experience and greed?
How do I function in day to day life when I can’t stop asking these questions?
Is there anything I can do?

But mainly i just need to know I’m not alone thinking like this ....... please if anyone else thinks like this or similar questions just let me know I’m not alone.

tiltawhirl

tiltawhirl

Bristol, TN/VA, USA (near mountains and 6 hours fr
I suggest the book "Ethics for the New Millenium" by the Dalai Lama.

Our role is to respond to ourselves and others with compassion.
Be mindful of the laws of cause and effect and devote ourselves to causes that bring productive, creative, good effect.
Care for our own happiness and that of others.

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

another term for it is existential lonliness - the so called fix it formulaes dont work and that includes meds. its a very lonely place.

static void

static void

That is called rumination, also known as broken record. Everybody does that at some point in their life. The problem appears when someone can't function normally because they're constantly thinking about the same things (most of the times not even reaching a solution).
Rumination is linked with anxiety, depression, self-sabotage (like when you hold a grudge constantly at someone, without being able to move on).
To overcome rumination you need to engage in some kind of activity that fully occupies your mind and prevents your thoughts from drifting back to the problem. Do it on a regular basis.
And I know you may already be clunching your fists, thinking this is impossible. Of course you're gonna have your limits, but it's important that you do something that you enjoy doing to distract yourself. So start searching.

If you can't do that try to understand the question you ask yourself, and if you have a problem ask yourself, "what's the worst thing that can happen?". If you can't change the situation, you should let go of your worries, because they're just noise in your head and do not lead to anything productive.
Practice mindfulness and meditation. Do exercise. Try therapy.