• Welcome! If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Anyone dealt with repressed memories?

migraine

migraine

At present my stress is amplified given a traumatic experience between myself and a family member, although I’m already trying my best to manage my anxiety and depression levels (as we do!)... the most recent trauma has seemed to have triggered some repressed memories..Flashes of my past haunts my thoughts, replaying scenes I wish to forget.

How do you move forward? (Especially when others have already moved on)

Do I not recall my childhood memories because of the trauma I went through back then?

Does our mind ever clear the fog? What does it take to repair the mind and heart?

Jolly

Jolly

Personally I think you need to speak to the right therapist who would be able to help IE. EMDR which a lot of therapists use for trauma

migraine

migraine

These ‘professionals’ are only human and unable to be present in your life,therefore not equipped to support, given that you are no more their allocated job - everything in life is temporary, but we are deserving of an actual true friend.

Like any relationship.. you need someone who is suited to you.. to balance eachother and give appropriate involvement.

Rather than an attack or intrusion on your mind and heart, only to be tricked into a false sense of security!

What they do is in their title;
Therapist
Conseller
Shrink

Sorry for the rant.. but I have no faith or trust in their systems.

Jolly

Jolly

It is okay to rant. I waited too long and decided to have therapy which is helping me but it is not suitable for everyone. I have wasted so many years not seeking help. I am thinking of you x

migraine

migraine

Is there anyone on here who has triggered repressed memories? ..Coping with the affects of abuse.

Is it because I had no option but to be strong.. that these memories or thoughts were dismissed?

We are all individuals but we’re not alone.. God/the universe has given the opportunity for us to be there for others; so when do we get support

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

We bury a lot of stuff which is too painful to deal with, but it rarely stays quiet forever. It'll start coming out in various debilitating ways.

The only way I know of to resolve those issues is through bringing them to the surface with Free Association techniques-under the guidance of a good therapist. Get them out in the open and defuse them by putting them in proper perspective. It's difficult at the moment, but it pays dividends over time.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A Fancy Carp Depressed, lonely, awkward. Anyone want to just shoot the breeze? Depression Forum 36
A Struggling lately, anyone else? Depression Forum 43
K Anyone relate? *Trigger Warning* Depression Forum 7
C Does anyone else just want to sleep and not wake up? Depression Forum 11
G Anyone experience this?? Depression Forum 5
L has anyone noticed smart people are angry Depression Forum 8
S Does anyone have issues sleeping etc when severely depressed? Depression Forum 3
M Even go to the bathroom tires me, anyone else ? Depression Forum 1
G Does Anyone Else Feel Like This.. Depression Forum 9
L If anyone could read this or give any kind of advice I could really use it! Depression Forum 5
L I feel like wanting anyone to love me would be such a burden to them Depression Forum 5
TooMuchPain Does anyone actually beat depression? Depression Forum 19
J Does anyone find it hard to express their feelings. Depression Forum 12
L does anyone feel they are going through the day like floating soul? Depression Forum 31
O I cant feel anything and i cant tell anyone. Depression Forum 47
L Not Needing Anyone Depression Forum 7
B Anyone who experienced hospitalizations as a teenager willing to tak to a worried mom? Depression Forum 7
B Anyone wanna message me? Depression Forum 24
A_Wilted_Daisy Does anyone else just randomly cry off and on? Depression Forum 12
H Why can't anyone stay in my life? Depression Forum 20
M Depression due loneliness, anyone else ? Depression Forum 25
L can anyone recommend medication ? Depression Forum 2
J Anyone on pain medication Depression Forum 2
MeAndMyDepression Does anyone else suffer from bipolar depression? Depression Forum 9
J SPRAVATO for Treatment Resistance Depression Has anyone used Spravato? Depression Forum 4
A does anyone else think they are really boring Depression Forum 30
B Really want to kill myself. Anyone want to message me. Depression Forum 27
E I just need someone to speak to... I’m really struggling and can’t talk to anyone else Depression Forum 15
M Anyone wants to chat ? Depression Forum 13
M Anyone else feel like a burden Depression Forum 13
Z Did anyone experience the same depression? Depression Forum 1
D anyone that wants to move to a different country for love? Depression Forum 3
D Anyone that struggles with their immigrant parents here? Depression Forum 21
M Anyone able to PM for a bit Depression Forum 41
PurpleBlue A thread for anyone feeling like crap tonight Depression Forum 7
A i can’t find anyone who i can talk to or relate to Depression Forum 5
B Feel like shit..... anyone wanna message me? Depression Forum 5
B Depressed/ hopeless about life..... anyone wanna message me? Depression Forum 5
A Anyone want to talk? Depression Forum 6
R Has anyone ever been on Trintellix? What were your experiences? Depression Forum 2
E Was this bullying situation dealt with appropriately? Depression Forum 8
2 Experiences recovering repressed memories? Depression Forum 11