Anyone been turned away from a UK hospital/medical centre

S

skyblue456

Because of their mental health condition? I was deemed serverly mentally ill with BPD but apparently I'm not too bad and it's things like schizophrenia that they normally exclude.

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

Because of their mental health condition? I was deemed serverly mentally ill with BPD but apparently I'm not too bad and it's things like schizophrenia that they normally exclude.
are you a health tourist?

S

skyblue456

Nope. No violent history/criminal record. Wasn't intoxicated either.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Never been turned away at all but once had a weird comment made to me by a staff of the mental health team or someone who worked in that sort of area.

L

Lilac

I wish. Apparently the authorities can't tell whether sectioning is slavery or not.

Drooo

Drooo

I'm a bit confused as to what you're saying (sorry, it's late), are you saying you went to a hospital A&E in crisis and they turned you away?

D

Danni8989

Hi
I'm sorry to hear that.
I've been turned away from hospital treatment many of times when my BPD was at a severe crisis point. Adds to the feeling of rejection. As I finished DBT three years ago I am no longer entitled to NHS help because technically I should be cured! Which angered me even more and I have been left with no other option but to seek private counselling. The amount of times I have begged to be admitted to a psychiatric hospital out of desperation. I was finally admitted back in October but I discharged myself after 3 days. They could not accommodate for my physical disabilities.
I do hope you can get some help soon.