• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Anyone been to a&e for suicidal thoughts?

A

AS1995

Hi everyone, I’ve been feeling very suicidal lately and I was going to go to a&e but I’ve heard horror stories about going there! Has anyone been and if so how was it? I need help but I’m so scared

G

Gkhair19

Hi AS1995 I can understand where you are coming from I have intrusive thoughts about death,losing control ,suicide it's terrible my brain keeps making me think about going to a and e I have anxiety ocd I hope you feel better soon tell your doctor and hopefully it will pass I'm finding it very tough

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
I had a good experience, they called the crisis team to attend me.
I hope you get help, normally I'd tell you to phone 111 but with the coronavirus probably would have to wait a long time.
If you can wait until morning your GP might be able to help you.
Hugs

P

Pollypop

Is there any chance to phone the Samaritans.
It would give you chance to talk without going to A &E.
Contact your GP as soon as you can, even if you can only
get a telephone appointment.
He/She may be able to get you some extra help.

As Mayflower suggested, it would help if you could contact the crisis
line.
Hope you get help soon.

J

Johntron9999

Hi AS1995 I can understand where you are coming from I have intrusive thoughts about death,losing control ,suicide it's terrible my brain keeps making me think about going to a and e I have anxiety ocd I hope you feel better soon tell your doctor and hopefully it will pass I'm finding it very tough
did you have a similar case as mine? for me ive had anxiety and depression starting at age 18 and it was quite bad but after a few years when i turned 23 i started getting intrusive thoughts about harming my pet or family and it literally scared the crap out of me i started getting 24/7 very HIGH anxiety and i havent been able to shut it off just constantly being tortured by negative thoughts that are disturbing...like the thoughts started freeking me out just cycling over and over in my head day in and out. and the only thing ive found to manage it was medication which has stopped working.

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

I've had some bad experiences 20 years ago but when I was ill 10 years ago and put on a psych ward a few times I only had good ones, the A+E staff were very caring, understanding and helpful.

G

Gkhair19

did you have a similar case as mine? for me ive had anxiety and depression starting at age 18 and it was quite bad but after a few years when i turned 23 i started getting intrusive thoughts about harming my pet or family and it literally scared the crap out of me i started getting 24/7 very HIGH anxiety and i havent been able to shut it off just constantly being tortured by negative thoughts that are disturbing...like the thoughts started freeking me out just cycling over and over in my head day in and out. and the only thing ive found to manage it was medication which has stopped working.
Hi far cry yeah it's horrible with all the thoughts feelings they set off a multitude of panic attacks which are both horrible I hope you find peace as I am really struggling

J

Johntron9999

Hi far cry yeah it's horrible with all the thoughts feelings they set off a multitude of panic attacks which are both horrible I hope you find peace as I am really struggling
what have you tried for treatment so far?? once i got on an SSRI the thoughts literally vanished. out of wack brain chemicals make you latch on to fears. intrusive thoughts OCD is very much related to an overactive brain that needs to calm down. when you calm the chemicals down than the adrenaline slows down and then thoughts will pass through your head and you will feel fine. i know this because ssris did just that and i was aware that i had really embarassing freeky thoughts but i was feeling happy and well enough mentally and the fear area of my brain did not kick in. i really think people need to learn that chemicals and how your brain is connected is a big thing to solve. if its not connected chemically correct its like trying to lift weights and get huge with alot of muscle on low testosterone... without testosterone you can lift all the weights you want and eat all the protein you want you still wont built muscle.... i think the brain is the exact same way. ssris stopped working for me so i need to find a different medication or therapy and treatment... i think me and you are in the same boat and have alot of similarities!

A

AS1995

I've had some bad experiences 20 years ago but when I was ill 10 years ago and put on a psych ward a few times I only had good ones, the A+E staff were very caring, understanding and helpful.
thanks for replying, did they keep you in overnight? I’m scared about being held there

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

@AS1995, You can only be held if they consider you a serious danger to your self and you refuse to be admitted, best to go in as a voluntary patient if they ask you to go in, you have a lot more rights and it's much easier to get out.

JaneChaos

JaneChaos

I've been worried to go too. I have been dealing with suicidal thoughts for a while and had a very bad episode this past weekend. Actually drove myself to a hospital but was afraid to go in, as more than likely I wouldn't get the help I needed, but I'm in a different country than you from what I can see. I hope you find somewhere good that will help. It was, and is, awful to feel like you're at the end of all hope with nowhere to go. I feel the same as you said about being scared but needing help. The bottom line for me is that I don't want to hurt myself, but I don't see any point to going on when I get down like that. That's actually how I found this forum, was searching for help online. So glad I did. I hope you find answers fast.

G

Gkhair19

Hi my mental health has deteriorated I'm trying my best to not think about the intrusive thoughts but there constant I keep thinking I'm suicidal when I'm not and I'm on medications as well I cant see a dr because of the coronavirus also the only time I get any peace is when I'm sleeping I'm starting to act strange and this has been going on for three weeks since starting buspirone I think I might be driving myself mad I just feel so hopeless and low thanks and sorry for being a bother

T

Thelma27

Hi everyone, I’ve been feeling very suicidal lately and I was going to go to a&e but I’ve heard horror stories about going there! Has anyone been and if so how was it? I need help but I’m so scared
H

T

Thelma27

I was in a&e I would say go because your well being and life is important and precious although my experience was not very good it doesn't mean yours will be the same but with the new coronavirus I heard u can only be admitted if u are having a stroke or heart attack

K

karl7

i f youre feeling suicidal, just call your doctor or psychiatrist. I f you dont have one get one. When i feel suicidal i just go direct to my local psych hospital and get admitted.

As regards feeling suicidal, remember these difficult times will pass. it just takes time. Dont ever act upon it. Suicide is never the answer. It destroys the lifes of those you leave behind. Suicide is never the answer. There is help out there and also you found this site which is a very good support. You will meet many likeminded people on this site who care and understand and who have been there.