Anyone around

TroubleinParadise

TroubleinParadise

Hey man, I just want someone to talk to. I'm sinking into depression.

3henry

Sorry to hear that. What's bothering you? You can get it of your chest.

TroubleinParadise

TroubleinParadise

I'm always tired man. I'm trying but it never feels good enough because I'm depressed. It's hard to get things done well when you are. You can always do your best, but it's not what it could be.

3henry

I've felt tired for three weeks last month. I couldn't get out of bed. Slept for 14 hrs plus I was constantly laying in bed, but somehow I found strenght to get up, to do things. I kind of forced myself and it just passed. The only thing you can do is keep trying. Try until you succeed. One day you must be better. But there will always be days when you will feel tired and down and there will come days when you feel better. Depression sucks like all mental illnesses and of the world were right, no one would have it. But that's not the case.

TroubleinParadise

TroubleinParadise

Thanks man. It really is difficult. Do you ever feel guilty for having depression?

3henry

I'm really a girl, not a man. :D
Sometimes I feel guilty, especially when I talk to my friend and say I'm suicidal and she just looks at me and doesn't know what to say. It feels like I'm bothering her, and then I feel like I shouldn't have told her and then guilt comes. Do you feel guilty?

J

Jules5

I push myself everyday to get my housework done-and believe me I live comfortable not a Martha Stewart type of person. Some days I do not do anything at all, but I have a son and roommate so they keep me moving along.

Depression is horrible wish I could be out of my bed for more the 8 hours. No sleep or comfort in bed just a to withdraw. Some days are better than others. I am going to Madea's Family Funeral at the theter tonight and I am already hugging my pillows. I love Madea so will hopefully go. I am such a disappointment to people when it comes to following through with plans we make. You take car now and keep pushing ahead Hugs

K

Kelly B

I'm really a girl, not a man. :D
Sometimes I feel guilty, especially when I talk to my friend and say I'm suicidal and she just looks at me and doesn't know what to say. It feels like I'm bothering her, and then I feel like I shouldn't have told her and then guilt comes. Do you feel guilty?
Before bipolar, I had a friend who had a mental illness who used to call me saying she was suicidal. The way I handled that was have her make a list of all of the things worth living for...her family...her friends etc...on the other side of the paper I asked her to make a list of how suicide would impact her family, friends. I went one by one...”how do you think your suicide would affect your son Jared”? Your son Jason? Your husband? On and on. Then I had her compare the two lists. I don’t know if my technique would work for everyone, but it worked for her. Ironically, she ditched me while I was in a major depression. I guess I didn’t call enough or something like that. I had served my purpose. Oh well...

3henry

Before bipolar, I had a friend who had a mental illness who used to call me saying she was suicidal. The way I handled that was have her make a list of all of the things worth living for...her family...her friends etc...on the other side of the paper I asked her to make a list of how suicide would impact her family, friends. I went one by one...”how do you think your suicide would affect your son Jared”? Your son Jason? Your husband? On and on. Then I had her compare the two lists. I don’t know if my technique would work for everyone, but it worked for her. Ironically, she ditched me while I was in a major depression. I guess I didn’t call enough or something like that. I had served my purpose. Oh well...
Your techniques wouldn't work on me. They tried it already but in my mind I hadn't had any family or friends and I wanted to die so badly that I didn't care about anyone or anything. Voices were so bad and I was completly delusional.
What worked, when I was sucidal, two of my friends (whom I didn't have in my mind - the irony) found me a therapist whom I talk to regularly. In the time of crisis I can call my therapist or call friend who will call her or if she is out of reach they have a crisis plan and people who to call. So, I guess that I'm lucky to have such support system and it hurts me sometimes when I hear that some people aren't that lucky. Mental illness is hard.

K

Kelly B

Yep...mental illness is very hard. I’ve got a good support system so I’m lucky that way too. I came close to suicide only one time after the manic episode when I realized the things I’d done and people I hurt. It was one of the worst moments of life. I cannot imagine what it must be like to feel the way you do over and over again. I’m so sorry about that. Have you told your therapist or friends how it is with you right now?

3henry

It was hard at first, but I guess I got used to it. Sometimes I think my therapist cares more than me. I'm currently staying with my mother in the other country but next week I'll be back and I'll book an apointment. So for now I'm on this forum, which helps me. There are so many kind people here. I've been in a few online communities online but this is by far the best I've been in to. Do you like it here?

K

Kelly B

I love it here. The people here are so supportive and caring. You can share just about anything and someone is around who can relate. I’m glad you’re going to go see your therapist when you get home. I know it’s not easy, but please hang on. I’m glad you opened up here. It really does help to know that people really do care even if you’ve never met them before. 😊