• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Anybody wanna be my friend?

D

Dooley

I am loney, bored and would like a friend.
I am 54, 55 in May. I am a UK citizen. My wife and 12yr old Son are US citizens but obviously he has duel citizenship.
They are both in the US. They left 14 months ago. We agreed to do this because his social worker was going to take us to court to have him put in foster care because we moved around a lot in 6 years and so they said we were not fit parents allowing him to settle in one area, one special needs school...etc.
So they are over there in the US. I couldn't go with them because the last time i entered the US i stayed 7 yrs illegally. So i am now banned. My own fault. Pah!
I am here all alone, no friends, no family and in this area nobody wants to talk to me. So yeah, i am on medication for depression and social anxiety.
All i would like is a friend. Someone to chat to, just to make me feel i am not alone.
Anyway, if i don't hear from you then that is ok.
Send me an IM.
Hope you have a good day.

FlowerBox

FlowerBox

I hope you have a good day too 🙏 are the medications you are on not helping? Of course they can't do all the work for you, but are they helping at all?

D

Dooley

I hope you have a good day too 🙏 are the medications you are on not helping? Of course they can't do all the work for you, but are they helping at all?

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
The medication i am on helps me sleep, well knocks me out after an hour. I suppose i would feel worse without it because i stopped taking them just to see what happened. After 3 days of feeling weird i decided to take them again.
I have tried loads of different meds, including prozac but that didn't help much.
Still depressed but not as much.

N

neggs

How do you manage to support yourself, if i may ask?
do you work?

D

Dooley

How do you manage to support yourself, if i may ask?
do you work?

I am on benefits. Also my Son is on disability and we all share the same account since i became bankrupt. She helps take care of everything for me online and via 3 way calls

N

neggs

Maybe you could try getting a job somewhere?
even though you may not need the money, a job could give you a sense of purpose in your life. it could also serve as a place to socialize, meet new people and maybe make a friend.
plus, a bit of extra cash couldn't hurt.
build a dream for yourself dooley!
dream of travel, or living in another country!

D

Dooley

Maybe you could try getting a job somewhere?
even though you may not need the money, a job could give you a sense of purpose in your life. it could also serve as a place to socialize, meet new people and maybe make a friend.
plus, a bit of extra cash couldn't hurt.
build a dream for yourself dooley!
dream of travel, or living in another country!

My social anxiety prevents me from going out much. I get nervous when i am out amonst people and that is thanks to all the nasty people around. 3 times car jackers have attempted to steal my 26yr old car snd chasing me too, my bike got stolen from the back garden, i was bullied in the past, and i have yet to meet one caring person who is not out to use me.

FlowerBox

FlowerBox

What neggs said 👍 I don't have a job at the moment for a few reasons but I really want one and I can't wait to get myself going, though I do have times of extreme hopelessness about it
And do you have hobbies along with watching movies? I know you have probably heard this a million times...but I really did underestimate how much it has helped me to make things. I like making art and making bread..do you have some hobbies you'd like to get into?
And I feel for you about the anxiety :( I wish I knew how to help with that, it's one thing still holding me back too

FlowerBox

FlowerBox

& though you haven't met us really...hopefully we can give you some hope that there are people in the world who are genuine and not everyone is out to use you :grouphug:

N

neggs

My social anxiety prevents me from going out much. I get nervous when i am out amonst people and that is thanks to all the nasty people around. 3 times car jackers have attempted to steal my 26yr old car snd chasing me too, my bike got stolen from the back garden, i was bullied in the past, and i have yet to meet one caring person who is not out to use me.
im really sorry to hear that. i understand your apprehension in social situations.
not sure how viable this is, but do you think you could move to a friendlier neighborhood and have a "fresh start" of sorts ?
maybe its just shitty people who did all those bad things. do you think you could give yourself a chance to get to know good people ?

D

Dooley

What neggs said 👍 I don't have a job at the moment for a few reasons but I really want one and I can't wait to get myself going, though I do have times of extreme hopelessness about it
And do you have hobbies along with watching movies? I know you have probably heard this a million times...but I really did underestimate how much it has helped me to make things. I like making art and making bread..do you have some hobbies you'd like to get into?
And I feel for you about the anxiety :( I wish I knew how to help with that, it's one thing still holding me back too
I have 2 big dogs and 3 cats. They keep me company. The dogs play in the big back garden which is surrounded by a 6ft fence. Sometimes i take them out somewhere quiet in the car away from other animals.
I don't have any hobbies. I just watch movies and occasionally go to the supermarket early in the morning or collect my meds which is ordered online.