• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

anybody out there?

Q

quality factor

Hi, I'm really struggling at the moment and I've no-one to talk to.
My thoughts and mood are all over the place. I'm moving house mainly because of my neighbours. I'm feeling very anxious and i am getting very angry. All the time I am packing (on my own), I keep thinking of the way I have been treated by next door. I've just heard their 3 year old asking "when is she moving?" This made me even madder and i feel like confronting them.
I've stayed silent for 14 months.
I've resorted to cutting that's the only thing that makes my anger go away, but i know it's not the thing to do.
I feel worn out physically and mentally, there's so much to do.
They have driven me out of my home.
I'm moving to a brand new house, and I can't experience the excitement of it all...I just keep getting mad.
I feel like an automaton.
I;m having to take the odd tablet or two to get me through the day.
My partner died 18 months ago and my dad died 5 months ago and I'm trying to support my mother all at the same time.
Everybody keeps telling me how strong I am but they don't understand what I'm going through.
Help my solicitor has just phoned and i've got to be out two days earlier than planned.
I don't know if I will get through all this!!:eek:

R

Roxy

Founding Member
Hi Quality Factor, you have had a tremendous amount of grief to deal with over the last 18 months, so its no wonder you are struggling just now. Its also very sad that you are been forced to leave your home when you are going through these raw emotions, as what you really need is the support of of those around you.

Although you did not choose this move, try to look on it as a new start from where you will look forward to the future more positively. Listen to others when they tell you how strong you are, you have survived some very traumatic events and you have survived, take strength from that.:hug:

Q

quality factor

Hi'
Thanks Roxy that was a help.
Another days here all I can do is go with it I suppose...I think I'm running out of emotions..what a rollercoaster!!:confused:

H

honestjohn

Founding Member
My thoughts and mood are all over the place. I'm moving house mainly because of my neighbours. I'm feeling very anxious and i am getting very angry. All the time I am packing (on my own), I keep thinking of the way I have been treated by next door. I've just heard their 3 year old asking "when is she moving?" This made me even madder and i feel like confronting them.
I've resorted to cutting that's the only thing that makes my anger go away, but i know it's not the thing to do.
I'm moving to a brand new house, and I can't experience the excitement of it all...I just keep getting mad.
My partner died 18 months ago and my dad died 5 months ago and I'm trying to support my mother all at the same time.
Everybody keeps telling me how strong I am but they don't understand what I'm going through.
Help my solicitor has just phoned and i've got to be out two days earlier than planned.
I have moved many times in my life to avoid anti-social neighbours its very common place unfortunately due to the falling standards of parenthood.

But compared to having schizoid personality disorder theres no comparison,you just can't move the facial expression no matter how much you try.

Good luck with the move and heres hoping you have nice nieghbours.Honestjohn,honest.:cool:

Q

quality factor

Re:neighbours

Hi Honestjohn,
Thanks for your words of support,I am fortunate to be moving this time to a detached property..I'm therefore hoping for a bit of peace!
I have borderline personality disorder with a bit of other personality disorders thrown in...I know what you mean!
The tension of working towards the move on the 10th Sept. has been enormous today, I have been feeling awful...there have been moments when i think I am not going to make it. I have tried to use all the techniques I can muster to get myself through the day...
..as for the ASB's next door, now that they think they've got their own way, you wouldn't know they were there. It's going to take me a while to put them out of my mind,if I ever do!:mad:

H

honestjohn

Founding Member
Hi Honestjohn,
Thanks for your words of support,I am fortunate to be moving this time to a detached property..I'm therefore hoping for a bit of peace!
I have borderline personality disorder with a bit of other personality disorders thrown in...I know what you mean!
The tension of working towards the move on the 10th Sept. has been enormous today, I have been feeling awful...there have been moments when i think I am not going to make it. I have tried to use all the techniques I can muster to get myself through the day...
..as for the ASB's next door, now that they think they've got their own way, you wouldn't know they were there. It's going to take me a while to put them out of my mind,if I ever do!:mad:
My life is very upside down at present okay i'll be more honest its in ruins but this is your thread and about you.I just want you to forget the neighbours from hell next door i've been through the same nightmares that you have gone through and i want you to use your energies to focus on your new home new start.

In a couple of weeks time: after moving in there memory will fade your confidence levels will rise and fingars crossed your health will improve.:cool:

D

Dollit

You will forget the neighbours and you will be more content in the new place. Be prepared for feeling flat or emotional when you do move. When I had to move because of my neighbours once all the unpacking had got done and I realised I could open my windows without their brat poking his hand in I spent days in tears. I really let go. I've been here a long time now and it took time to forget but I have. And you will too.

J

jamesdean

Good luck I'm sending you positive thoughts you are doing very well, I'm sure it will be a positive move, I have to say I'm quite lucky I just hide from neighbours,

Q

quality factor

Thanks

Hi!
If it wasn't for your support I'd crack up.
I feel that I know you all...without seeing you.
I think I've run out of emotions now, tho' the tears ebb and flow still.
I wish I was my dog, he's just lying there snoozin'
and letting it all happen around him!!
I'm not going to have the comfort of this site soon as my broadband
has to be transferred, that could take 10 days.
I suppose I will have some support from elsewhere but not at the times that I know I need it and have got it to hand. :(

D

Dollit

I'll do you a deal - I'll send you positive thoughts everyday until your broadband comes on and you just concentrate on getting the new home straight - deal?

Q

quality factor

Deal!...that's made me cry even more now!.. thanks for your kindness.
I'll try not to be so negative and try to look to the future.
I am good at giving out advice but not putting it in to practice myself!
The sun has come out..that's made me feel a bit better...it must be your positive thoughts coming through!!:D

D

Dollit

That's the spirit! You don't have to talk to someone to know they care and I've been in your situation so I know how miserable and negative it can make you feel but I've also come out the other side and I know you can too. xx