• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

anybody here studying and doing well in life despite having schizophrenia?

R

redpillar

i want to know if there are people with schizophrenia who are studying and doing well. how many years did it take you to start to do well?

my situation: i was very high functioning but then negative symptoms started at 19 and now i am down to not being able to work or study and it's been 8-9 years. i started treatment 1.5 year ago with a discontinuation of meds and a relapse 3 months ago.

J

jackychen

so u have been untreated from 19-26/7 and until these two years?

P

PastelKittenX

Born in Portugal, living in the UK (Norfolk)
I study at home with OpenStudyCollege. Prefer being home schooled, but lately I've been getting lazy. I've done a lot of courses though.
I'm sure I'll get back on track though.
I have one unit left to complete and got months to complete it.
However there's another course I'm doing and losing the will to do it because it needs a lot of work... 😅

Are you planning to go to a public school/college/uni? Or do everything at home?

R

redpillar

I study at home with OpenStudyCollege. Prefer being home schooled, but lately I've been getting lazy. I've done a lot of courses though.
I'm sure I'll get back on track though.
I have one unit left to complete and got months to complete it.
However there's another course I'm doing and losing the will to do it because it needs a lot of work... 😅

Are you planning to go to a public school/college/uni? Or do everything at home?
i want to do a program from home. it has 6+2 courses in total with exams at the end of each. I hate exams. i used to do great at them before 19.

R

redpillar

Go for it!

Only problem with studying at home is that you need to manage your time and be motivated to do the work and by yourself too!

Best wishes for your studies. 👍
ya i lack the discipline or i am too restless (probably adhd/add)

thank you

L

Lab rat

I’m almost finished my hnc in electronic engineering and my last job was head of design at a local engineering company. I’ve been ill and on meds 30 years.

It can be done.

I was made redundant because of the virus. I’ve tried warehousing and Hgv class 1 driving, but that wasn’t for me, too physical. I have physical illness too. I’ve had a couple of hundred jobs in those fields, they never last long. At most a few weeks, then they either sack me or I leave.

I

IsaD

I don't know if I'm doing well in life, but I went back to college despite having schizophrenia and I passed last semester, hopefully I'll succeed in my coursework.

R

redpillar

I don't know if I'm doing well in life, but I went back to college despite having schizophrenia and I passed last semester, hopefully I'll succeed in my coursework.
good luck