• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Any tips to deal with muscle tension?

Loobypie

Loobypie

Hi everyone!

I have constant muscle tension, from about 10 minutes after I wake up and gradually gets worse and worse throughout the day until it gets unbearable in the evening. Been like this for around a week now after a very very tough 4 weeks of panic attacks.

It's mainly left side chest/back/neck/head. It gets so bad it makes my left arm and hand feel tingly and weak.

Been to hospital on Friday because the pain was that bad I thought I was having a heart attack and kept having heart palpitations 😣

All tests came back clear.

Must of been bad for me to go up hospital at a time like this as I'm super super paranoid about covid anyway 😳😳😳

This is my second day on citralopam, I'm hoping when this kicks in that it gives me some relief as paracetamol doesn't work really.

Tried hot water bottle which helps a bit but I'm now sleeping funny and waking up 10000 times because of the pain I already have! Any tips? Thank you.

K

karl7

i used to have muscle tension but it wasnt really serious....i put it down to diet, but in ur case im unsure.....but i do think you did the right thing in getting it checked out

Mando

Mando

Hi Loobypie, I'm sorry to hear your struggling, I also get muscle tension, I've found ibuprofen helps better than paracetamol in the short term and citalopram has helped with overall anxiety in the long term however it took about 2 months to start working so stick with it if you can. To help with the anxiety thats causing the tension I reccomend a book called The Happiness Trap by Russ Harris, it has a lot of good advice that has help me alot.
Hope you feel better soon.

M

mandy125

hello i suffer with muscle problems and am on tremodol 100mg twice a day and naproxen 250mg four times a day (its an anti inflammitry) could you ask drs for more pain relief or a scan all the best x

D

Duality

I've got muscle tension because of PTSD.

A Silentnight deep sleep duvet and pillow has helped to reduce the pain.

A warm water shower also helped.

K

KeyTrio

Do you think you may be deficient in certain vitamins? I hear a lack of them can cause muscle issues.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Doing gentle stretches under a steaming hot shower head has been working wonders for me...

Zackthemaniac

Zackthemaniac

Their is a technique called Progressive Muscle Relaxation. You can follow an audio recording and it help you release all tension from your muscles and become more relaxed.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
W Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1