• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Any thoughts?

F

FEDup1981

Hi all, im new to this site.

Im 28, married with one son whos 3.

I have depressions years and years. In jan this year it was suggested i may have bi-polar, but after having a crisis or a breakdown, as some call it, i was under the crisis team for 6 months and they treated me as depression.

Now im back to my regular psych, and both him and another doc have a "gut feeling" that im bipolar, as do i. I have tried 5 different anti-depressants and nothing works for me.

I *think* im bipolar II, or mixed state. And my hypomania's come out in aggitation, aggression, mind racing, a feeling that the world isnt going fast enough for me. An obsession with things etc etc
Then i have the classic depressed symptoms, but these (depression and hypomania's) can happen at the same time, or change regularly throughtout the day. I never know how im feeling. It so hard to describe.

I feel so worked up all the time, my head is whizzing round, and i feel this "ARRRGHHHHHH" inside me.

Im back to seeing my psych on tues, to discuss mood stabilisers, and i honestly feel like i wont get to next week. I feel so bad at the minute.

i just dont know what i am, i dont feel like i fit the criteria of either depression, i know its more than that, but im struggling to understand which category of bipolar i fit in.

any thoughts/advice? x

A

Ainsworth

hey :welcome:

did your doctor give you any mood stabilisers? i was the same, no AD has worked with me and even the MS is having a limited effect at the moment.

if he only discussed it, what drug did he have in mind, got to say i bloody hate the 'chatting' to decide, does my head in!! they dont half go on :unsure:

A

Ainsworth

:oops: sorry, just realised i read your post wrong, im always doing that :LOL:

F

FEDup1981

hey :welcome:

did your doctor give you any mood stabilisers? i was the same, no AD has worked with me and even the MS is having a limited effect at the moment.

if he only discussed it, what drug did he have in mind, got to say i bloody hate the 'chatting' to decide, does my head in!! they dont half go on :unsure:
hi, thanks for replying.

Im seeing the psych on tues with my hubby to discuss it. He did mention lithium, and i think he said valium if i was on a high.

The reason for him wanting to discuss it, and for me to think about it is because i said i wanted another baby next year, which is a big no-no while on these drugs apparently. Anyway i said i couldnt cope with another child at the moment anyway, so weve decided to go with the MS, and think about a baby in a couple of years.
Tuesday seems a year away tho, and i just hope i havent got my hopes up for a miracle, and be let down again - iykwim. x

A

Ainsworth

you doctor is completely right with certain MS they shouldnt be taken during pregnancy and should be clear of the system before even attempting to fall pregnant.

im never taken lithium so dont really know anything about it, im on the valproate range of drugs, which really is an anti-seizure med and one of the worse ones for pregnancy but had all my kids so no problem.

i have a ever filling box of diazepam, never off the stuff :LOL:

when i started my drug it did work for a time, my moods were different not so intense but had a bad patch starting last mar/apr and my MH went down hill, ended up in a mixed state and struggling.

it can work, my friend was on lithium and is now med free, so her therapy worked.

good luck for next tues, im at the doctors tomorrow to see what help they are giving me this time, i feel like a yoyo back and fore in the MHS :D

F

FEDup1981

Thank u. Good luck for ur app too. x

Im willing to try anything to get well. Im currently on 300mg venlafaxine, but i had a gastric bypass in april, and no one knows how much i actually absorb. Also take nitrazepam at night too.

Roll on tuesday!!

A

Ainsworth

keep us updated on what you and your doctor decides, as remember its important to have your say, no doctor is a god and not everything they say is the correct choice for us.

i dont like doctors much, can you tell :p

M

mad as a hatter

I suffer hypomania and feelings off having both moods at the same time my head always so fast at times my pdo took me off ad cause they made things a lot worse like my mind racing problems the mood stablizers r far better for me

guggy

guggy

From what you say you could have Bipolar II indeed, full episodes of mania and mixed states tend to stand out so much in a person's life that chances are that if you had them you would have been hospitalized and diagnosed by now (Bipolar I).

F

FEDup1981

Thank u everyone for ur replies. Still counting the days til tuesday. Hubby has been off work 2day, so i find my days are a bit easier with him around. Ill update on tuesday. :flowers:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Bipolar Forum 4
S Bipolar Forum 7
M Bipolar Forum 8
A Bipolar Forum 3
G Bipolar Forum 5