• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Any siblings with MH issues

T

Twylight

I am Paranoid Schizophrenic
I have a Sister who has Bipolar

I was wondering how many of you have relatives with Mental Health problems ?

SimonB

SimonB

Siblings

Yes...my brother has mental health problems though not formally diagnosed they are obvious and my sister has had periods of depression and has been depressed for the last several months.

I also remember being taken [dragged] to visit my uncle who was a long term psychiatric patient and my fathers side there are numerous signs of depression in his brothers and my mothers father was severely depressed after WW2.

Siblings after siblings huh?

Made me realise it runs in both families

Simon

greebobeebo

greebobeebo

Hi

My sister has bi polar, my Nanna had Alzheimers and my great Nanna had mental health issues too.

What hope have I got?

X

xxbeckyxx

hi this has worried me

My aunts scizz, my brothers just suffered physcotic depression,my mum has had depression, i think she has some personality disorder? I myself have had pd depression .. i would love to know if anyone else in my family have suffered but ... dnt think they would admitt! Umm interesting

lehcar24

lehcar24

my dad is bipolar, my nan has too many to list, her mum lived most her life in a mental institute dunno what for.. my uncle is schitzophrenic, and my brother from what i gather has depression but hasnt been diagnosed but it is so obvious!! so yeah what hope do i have.. my dads side is mental health and my mums side is alzheimers and cancer..

SimonB

SimonB

I forgot...

I forgot two of my cousins also had a terrible time one a paranoid schitzophrenic and the other succeeded in committing suicide, I still remember the morbid details.

This has made me think about the origin of my own depression a little more, there must be a genetic link in some families

Simon

C

coraline1664

My uncle is skitzophrenic. My grandfather commited suicide in his 30's, so a long time before I was born. I don't know much about it.

P

Perspective

My mom had depression. (deceased at age 40)

My Dad has anxiety/depression. (not same dad as other siblings).

One brother has schizophrenia, (aunt on his dad side does too), anxiety/panic attacks, and depression.

My sister has depression and anxiety.

I don't know about my other brothers and sisters, but I do know that my sister (that I mentioned above) and I have PTSD.

Q

quality factor

My mother has anxiety, depression and a mood disorder.

My dad suffered from anxiety.

My aunt has major depression.

My brother has anxiety.

I've always reckoned that I never stood a chance too!!!

QF.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
KaoticKiss People 5
L People 3