• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Any people trying to live zero waste but it's hard when you can't even talk in public?!

C

Chickatiel

Any people trying to live zero waste but it's hard when you can't even talk in public?!

I saw a bunch of videos and read blogs about living Eco, sustainable, zero waste, etc. and also saving animals from extinction and stuff like that so I'm super worried about it and I've been trying to be a better person in hopes that I'll be liked because I give a ****. Sorry about that I forgot if it's ok to cuss here. So I want to take my own tray to places to reduce all that packaging but how can I when I can't even talk or I'll turn bright red and I forget what I'm talking about or I am afraid of being shot down and they'll be like wow what an a hole. Also I keep thinking about this incident that happened to me but I'm afraid people will know who I am if I talk about it and how can I get help when I can't talk about it and I'm seeing a therapist but I still have that mask with her like oh I'm fine totally there's nothing wrong with me but then she asks have you been going out? And I say no and she's like I want you to go out. And my dr person who prescribes me pills is like you have signs of depression and in my head I'm like lol no psshh.

Kerome

Kerome

I have a lot of respect for people trying to live zero waste, it's not easy. I've been looking myself more carefully at all the things I throw away, and 95% of it is food packaging. To buy food with zero packaging is hard, it influences what you eat a lot, so I haven't even tried to seriously go there. Worth thinking about how to do it though, and I admire anyone who really makes it work!