• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Any other Ultra rapid metabolizers CYP2D6 ?

C

Chrisalt87

Hi, im new here. I found this forum in my search to find other people who are ultra rapid metabolizers of CYP2D6.

I took a DNA tests a year back and I was told im this which is quite rare and I metabolize most drugs funny from opiates to antidepressants, blood pressure meds etc.

Anyways if you have this you don't need me to explain it im sure and know how hard to makes taking any meds if you can at all. Im just looking to find others like me to see how the deal with this. (75 percent of people are extensive or normal metabolizers btw so I don't expect to find anyone really, but worth a shot)

thanks

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I'm sorry this isn't something i've ever heard of before, but am curious to see how you managed to get this picked up on?
Did you suspect you had this or was it not until you had a DNA test that you found out?

It's interesting and I wonder how many people could have this and not know.

C

Chrisalt87

I'm sorry this isn't something i've ever heard of before, but am curious to see how you managed to get this picked up on?
Did you suspect you had this or was it not until you had a DNA test that you found out?

It's interesting and I wonder how many people could have this and not know.

It's actually new medicine in the nots so fat future everyone will be getting this done to see what kind of metabolizer they are to get Meds and treatment for them.

There are poor, intermediate, extensive and ultra rapid. Most people are normal/extensive and handle drugs normal. Ultra rapids for example either rapidly cut through a a parent drug making it useless or If it's a prodrug like Codiene which is turned to morphine via CYP2D6 ( morphine is what kills the pain Codiene is nothing) then ultra rapids make a ton more morphine leading to possible OD and death. Only 1-2 percent of the world are ultra rapid about 10 percent of white ppl.

Long story short After 15 years of failed psyche drugs and overdoes from normal amounts of pain Meds I took but it's not main stream yet.

Google CYP2D6 phenotypes it can explain it better then me.