• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Any other here with a parent with psychiatric diagnosis ?

M

mdddd

I have my mother, who after a stroke she now have cognitive issues. Memory issues, etc. But she have anger issues, she yells at the TV, she gets angry at everyone, including myself, sometimes I dont know if call her to check how she is doing, she hangs the phone on me multiple times, I feel that so disgusting, I try to do what I can to she be ok, and sometimes she just treats me like trash, other times she is ok, but if she asks me a favor, and i cant do it, then she think can treat me like a dog.

Anyway, today I went to visit her, and we been pretty good, until some subject appeared on TV, a woman talking about medicinal cannabis, which is still a taboo subject where Im from, Argentina, and my sister is a bit of a "hippie", and they always fight about "natural medicine" vs "scientific medicine". And my mother started to yell at the tv, the woman was talking about how cannabis oil have helped her daugther, and just pissed me off so much my mother saying "that woman just want to appear on tv !! she dont know nothing about laws", and the poor woman just trying to do something, its so upsteing to listen. She, my mother, likes to talk like she is super smart at laws, which yea, she knows somet stuff, but sometimes she is wrong and cant see when she is wrong.

And the weather here is so freaking hot its almost impossible to breath.

Bipolarbear2

Bipolarbear2

Hi mddd,
It sounds like your mother had Alzheimer's disease as her behaviour is typical of the disease. Or has she always been like this? Bad memory, confusion, getting upset and fearful, angry outbursts, not listening to you, not making sense.

It's a disease. You can learn about it and get some help. Good luck.

M

mdddd

Hi, still looking for people here.

Today I went to visit my mother, what an awful day !

Just a day to visit her, and she is in out of control mode. Screaming, yelling at the tv, telling me about fights, problems, and problems... dumb problems actually, she could live a very good life, she have her own house, a big house.

But no, she just like to talk about fights.

Her house is a mess, the walls are tearing appart, she thinks its ok.