Any meds that actually help you?

Lostinthestatic

Lostinthestatic

I realize that most/all meds prescribed would be to treat comorbid illnesses such as anxiety and depression, as there are no “bpd meds”.

I have fairly severe anxiety, which often makes it hard to believe logic when I’m so intensely panicking. I find that marijuana grounds me sometimes to be able to think beyond the negative emotion to see the truth of the situation... but, at least for me, I cannot rely on marijuana.

If you are currently taking (any) meds for comorbid illnesses, do you find that they actually help? Assuming you are also doing some kind of therapy.

G

Girl interupted

20 mgs of Prozac in the morning, and 1/4 of a 25mg pill of quetiapine with 1/2 a 7.5 mg of immovane for chronic insomnia at night. I find the quetiapine does double duty as a sedative and helps with anxiety. I wish I could dump the immovane and just use the quetiapine, but it sometimes doesn’t work for me for sleep.

And body chemistry is so different from person to person, what works for me may not for you.

It’s really trial and error until you find the right combo.

Luci

Luci

I have been on Venlafaxine 75mg for 4 years. My most severe issue with my BPD is anxiety. I have had the dose increased and recently decreased in this time. I now take 1x75 morn and 2x75 evening. I used to find marajuna helped 'ground' me also in the past when on different meds. Hope this helps?

R

Rcfisher

I'm on 15mg of mirtazapine and 5mg of olanzapine, I've come down from 50mg of olanzapine, I'm asking the Dr if I can come of olanzapine by reducing it to 2.5mg for a month, I used to be a sports instructor, super fit and healthy, in ten years on these drugs I've put on 13st, I am borderline diabetic, my body aches all the time and I've skin rashes especially on face. It sorted my mind but wrecked my body.

R

Rcfisher

Just an update the Dr said I can't reduce anymore without seeing a psychiatrist, nine month wait for me so I said OK, I'll just reduce it myself and eventually in about a month come off.

Yodagirl

Yodagirl

I realize that most/all meds prescribed would be to treat comorbid illnesses such as anxiety and depression, as there are no “bpd meds”.

I have fairly severe anxiety, which often makes it hard to believe logic when I’m so intensely panicking. I find that marijuana grounds me sometimes to be able to think beyond the negative emotion to see the truth of the situation... but, at least for me, I cannot rely on marijuana.

If you are currently taking (any) meds for comorbid illnesses, do you find that they actually help? Assuming you are also doing some kind of therapy.
I take Buspar for my Anxiety

D

dewey

I have been on Venlafaxine 75mg for 4 years. My most severe issue with my BPD is anxiety. I have had the dose increased and recently decreased in this time. I now take 1x75 morn and 2x75 evening. I used to find marajuna helped 'ground' me also in the past when on different meds. Hope this helps?
I agree venlafaxine has helped me I think.
Personally I wouldn't recommend Marujuana to anyone, especially if you have a history of anxiety and/or depression.