• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Any kind of hand with this

gt86

gt86

Hey! I'm not sure if you need a little more background on me, but I've been in and out the mental health center since 2009 and the great recession. I believe no one would want to remember those times.

I have taken quite a bit of therapy and medications. (Injections as well)

As of today, I have reduced my medication to 2 mg Risperdone once at night as needed.

I have lucid dreams and wake up a few times in the middle of the night. How could I get more rest?

I am no longer able to handle caffeine, alcohol, smoking, and sexual feelings. This happened after my last being admitted into the Crisis Stabilization Unit. I wish I could explain more.

I have had for some time now been hearing people talk to me in their mind. Also, its been alot worse, but now every morning I hear my family who lives far away in the sky. They are very negative and loud. I see them as spirits. Does anyone know what I can do about this?

Every now and then I hear someone like a spirit come to me and be positive about my situation.

I just don't know what to do anymore

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

I am no longer able to handle caffeine, alcohol, smoking,
get rid of sugar and junk food too. remove all these things from your life will give you a big advantage. and will help compensate for any disadvantages you have.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I hear a voice, in my mind where I would usually hear my own thoughts but these words sound different and are uncontrollable.

I'm sorry to say if anti-psychotics don't stop them when you first go on them then it can be difficult to get them to stop. Mine's been talking almost constantly for just under four and half years.

It spoke for 1-2 weeks then I went on a ward in February 2016 for 9 days and it shut up without being given any drugs but by the summer of 2016 it started back up I got the drugs this time but they failed to stop it.

I'm on 10mg of Aripiprazole and 4mg of Risperidone but all they do is lower the volume by around 90-95% so I can focus and concentrate a little easier but the voice still drones on and on.

I've met people who have been hearing voices for anywhere between 12-20 years and no amount of anti-psychotics have stopped their voices. But I also met someone who had an intense hearing experience for about 6 months then at the mere mention of anti-psychotics her voice went silent and has never been heard of since. So there's always a little hope.

I find the best you can do is study and learn about your voices, I was very curious about mine in the beginning and I believe I've learned a lot about 'him'. He's not unlike a very young child who has ADHD, along with the hyperactivity and inability to learn even the simplest of concepts like trust and respect he wants everything now and doesn't want to give anything for it.

If it helps I can share what I believe I've learned from my voice, the books I've read and from listening to people here on the forums.

gt86

gt86

I hear a voice, in my mind where I would usually hear my own thoughts but these words sound different and are uncontrollable.

I'm sorry to say if anti-psychotics don't stop them when you first go on them then it can be difficult to get them to stop. Mine's been talking almost constantly for just under four and half years.

It spoke for 1-2 weeks then I went on a ward in February 2016 for 9 days and it shut up without being given any drugs but by the summer of 2016 it started back up I got the drugs this time but they failed to stop it.

I'm on 10mg of Aripiprazole and 4mg of Risperidone but all they do is lower the volume by around 90-95% so I can focus and concentrate a little easier but the voice still drones on and on.

I've met people who have been hearing voices for anywhere between 12-20 years and no amount of anti-psychotics have stopped their voices. But I also met someone who had an intense hearing experience for about 6 months then at the mere mention of anti-psychotics her voice went silent and has never been heard of since. So there's always a little hope.

I find the best you can do is study and learn about your voices, I was very curious about mine in the beginning and I believe I've learned a lot about 'him'. He's not unlike a very young child who has ADHD, along with the hyperactivity and inability to learn even the simplest of concepts like trust and respect he wants everything now and doesn't want to give anything for it.

If it helps I can share what I believe I've learned from my voice, the books I've read and from listening to people here on the forums.
NWiddi,

Thanks for a great post and yes anything would work, please share whatever you can

gt86

gt86

Since my last admittance into the crisis stabilization unit, when I came out, I had alot of fogginess when Im thinking.

Now I feel I dont think well. I feel like there is a cap on my brain stopping me from thinking.

Any advice greatly appreciated

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I wish I could explain the brain fog but it's something I've only read about here and haven't experienced it for myself. I don't know if it's medication related as some believe or of it's an effect caused by voices as mine has been able to effect both my mind and body in many different ways.

I don't know if voices are spirits or not, Socrates the ancient Greek philosopher was a voice hearer and he called his voice his Daemon which in Greek mythology means 'guiding spirit'.

My favourite theory of voices is that they're a second consciousness that lives within us, not only did I come to this conclusion all on my own towards the end of 2016 after carefully studying what my voice could do but a book that I became aware of in mid 2019 called 'The Daemon - a guide to your extraordinary secret self' which was written in 2008 believes the same but went even further with it's research. The author claims that a small group of neurologists back in the 1960's discovered that all humans consist of two minds sharing the one body and they did experiments that gave them the idea that our consciousness occupies the left 'dominant' hemisphere of the brain while our Daemon occupies the right hemisphere.

Apart from calling my voice my Daemon I've also come up with a few names of my own, like 'head-mate' (like a flat or house mate but we share the same head) or 'twin within' which I think has a nice ring to it, I believe my voice was born at the same time as me to the same parents as me and has grown and learned along side me albeit while hiding in the background and he didn't reveal himself to me until the age of 36, so he's like the twin brother I never knew I had, the only difference between us is I was born as the driver of the body whereas he's a passenger along for the ride.

So that's my favourite theory on voices and their origins. This makes the most sense to me as my voice is with me and talking for just about every waking moment and when I'm not awake it knows what I'm dreaming about and will often want to talk about those dreams upon waking up.

gt86

gt86

I wish I could explain the brain fog but it's something I've only read about here and haven't experienced it for myself. I don't know if it's medication related as some believe or of it's an effect caused by voices as mine has been able to effect both my mind and body in many different ways.

I don't know if voices are spirits or not, Socrates the ancient Greek philosopher was a voice hearer and he called his voice his Daemon which in Greek mythology means 'guiding spirit'.

My favourite theory of voices is that they're a second consciousness that lives within us, not only did I come to this conclusion all on my own towards the end of 2016 after carefully studying what my voice could do but a book that I became aware of in mid 2019 called 'The Daemon - a guide to your extraordinary secret self' which was written in 2008 believes the same but went even further with it's research. The author claims that a small group of neurologists back in the 1960's discovered that all humans consist of two minds sharing the one body and they did experiments that gave them the idea that our consciousness occupies the left 'dominant' hemisphere of the brain while our Daemon occupies the right hemisphere.

Apart from calling my voice my Daemon I've also come up with a few names of my own, like 'head-mate' (like a flat or house mate but we share the same head) or 'twin within' which I think has a nice ring to it, I believe my voice was born at the same time as me to the same parents as me and has grown and learned along side me albeit while hiding in the background and he didn't reveal himself to me until the age of 36, so he's like the twin brother I never knew I had, the only difference between us is I was born as the driver of the body whereas he's a passenger along for the ride.

So that's my favourite theory on voices and their origins. This makes the most sense to me as my voice is with me and talking for just about every waking moment and when I'm not awake it knows what I'm dreaming about and will often want to talk about those dreams upon waking up.
Great post, I really like the references to greek mythology and the way you look at your voice.

Does our spirit lie within our body? And when it leaves, we start to hear things? Im not sure how to explain.

At one point in my life, I felt as thought other spirits would control my body and the way I talk, at that point in my life, I would drink alcohol alot and go to work.

gt86

gt86

I dont hear my inner voice anymore, I just hear my family in the sky and I hear people usually at work, but I cant respond anymore since my last admittance into the crisis stabilization unit

What do you think?

T

toto

What I know about hallucinations is that they resemble a state of sleep. Which means activating those brain waves that trigger dreaming (alpha or beta, I don't know). They usually appear after insomnia. Personal opinion - part of the autonomic nervous system are, obviously. Apparently ours is talking. Personally for me ... I noticed that I challenge them myself. The psychologist seeks authority in them. Mother, father or Jesus. When they are sinister, they are post-traumatic stress for me.

T

toto

For example ... if your parents' ghosts are talking to you and are bad, the psychotherapist might work like this: what would you say to your parents in defense, now as an adult and not as a defenseless child? You would look for their mistakes to stop feeling bad, thinking that your parents were right to insult you.

T

toto

I have an inability to stop my thoughts, which is obviously equivalent to hallucinations, only if I do not sleep for 2-3 days. Which I had to do when the kids were small and often sick. Because I don't see them as something mystical, they subside shortly after I regain my sleep. But just thinking about it, it's weird that I can't stop them. A friend did not sleep for three days because he traveled and received. He was amazed because he thought that if you realized you had hallucinations, they would stop. But ... they didn't stop until he went to bed.

gt86

gt86

Thx Toto
I have an inability to stop my thoughts, which is obviously equivalent to hallucinations, only if I do not sleep for 2-3 days. Which I had to do when the kids were small and often sick. Because I don't see them as something mystical, they subside shortly after I regain my sleep. But just thinking about it, it's weird that I can't stop them. A friend did not sleep for three days because he traveled and received. He was amazed because he thought that if you realized you had hallucinations, they would stop. But ... they didn't stop until he went to bed.
Thx toto, great post

gt86

gt86

I do see ghost like spirits. They sound like my extended family, like cousins, aunti.

Sometimes I see other people.

I hear really bad curses. It just brings me down, now I know what people think of me. Before I used to be really active.

T

toto

Thank you. One of the few here who points out that the only way to deal with hallucinations is to look at them as a brain defect / internal dialogue. If they find out why we dream, they will also find the causes of the hallucinations. So far, they say that dreams are related to memorizing information. When I can't stop thinking, I feel my brain like a computer disk that can't stop spinning.