• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Any ideas

S

Silky

So ive always kind of had morbid thoughts,thoughts of me getting ill.
People rallying around me and me seeming as if im such a brave fighter.
Im always thinking about me getting cancer and being stuck in a little hospital room.
I think it has something to do with me wanting attention? but im not an attention seeking person.
Ive gotten confused lately as these feelings and thoughts come in to my head.
Im not just thinking it im invisioning it,one thing i invision is me having cancer or some serious illness.
That is also combined with the fact that in my head im invisioning me being another person,leading a different life,
Living with a different partner,people listening to me liking me and also perhaps being scared of me.
Ive always been a bit of a daydreamer but i feel like im gonna fall in to the net one day of me thinking im a completely different person and not recognising those around me.
Any ideas advice are welcome
im female 23.
thanks

M

Michael

Founding Member
I empathise with you its seems like me you have a overactive imagination. Can it be cured, why? why not try and use it to your advantage? I love writing, I'm not particulary good at it but I still love it.
The scenarios that come into my mind irrespective of what they are about I write about, almost as if its a storyline. Some of the stories I have written based on this have had quite good reviews, especially how my imagination can seemingly get into a character.
Painting is also another good one, well anything craft wise, or let your imagination run riot and think up some entirely new 'thing'.
Whatever works for you

Hope this helps

Michael

Last edited:
S

Silky

I wouldnt mind an over active imagination its the thought that it might lead me elsewhere thats confusing.
Theres been many a times where people think theyre someone theyre not and cant get back to reality,i was just wondering if there was a particular name or disorder for this?

But i should definately try writing as you suggested,it may lead me somewhere more chilled.
Thanks

A

Apotheosis

So ive always kind of had morbid thoughts,thoughts of me getting ill.
People rallying around me and me seeming as if im such a brave fighter.
Im always thinking about me getting cancer and being stuck in a little hospital room.
I get the same thoughts sometimes & have had them for years.

Aahbut

Aahbut

I think it's pretty common. I have had similar thoughts in the past. I just saw it as a bit of mental entertainment.

I

inzie

Founding Member
You'll probably hear this a lot...

Hi - welcome. If you think there's stuff going on in your head that you're not particularly happy with, then you're probably best discussing it with your GP. If you experience other symptoms, or there are things in your past that you feel might be contributing to this, then it might be worth your while asking for a referral to a psychiatrist.

You might ultimately find there's nothing wrong - but I think you're best discussing this with someone.

Don't self diagnose!!! I have a degree in psychology and a masters in social work - I tried to self diagnose and made a complete arse of it!

Cheers

Chris

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Personality Disorders Forum 17