• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Any good book/literature that talks about Bipolar syndrome ?

M

ManDss

Not fictional. Science literature. Wrote by a speciliast (psychiatrist, psychologist). Not specially interested about the causes, more about the description of people diagbosed with this. Again, not "fun literature". Ive read psycholigy book, articles, thesis, Im familiar with specyfic language.

Just want to read a bit about this. Im not diagnosed wlth bipolar, either think I have it.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I know a few but they are extremely expensive, over £100.
It might be good to just read about it online on quality websites.
Biographies are very good

Wishbone

Wishbone

'An Unquiet Mind' by Kay Redfield Jamison. She is a psychologist and has Bipolar herself. It's not a technical read though, more so a descriptive account of what she has experienced.

M

ManDss

I know a few but they are extremely expensive, over £100.
It might be good to just read about it online on quality websites.
Biographies are very good
Can you give me the names and authors ? I want a good description to understand bipolar, websites give such a little description, I want to read about cases descriptions, specially about the part of depression in bipolar.

M

ManDss

'An Unquiet Mind' by Kay Redfield Jamison. She is a psychologist and has Bipolar herself. It's not a technical read though, more so a descriptive account of what she has experienced.
Thanks.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Spike Milligan and Anthony Clare
Spike

C

CabbageMama

Have just ordered this - thank you.

S

SFGuy

Free website with articles about every kind of bipolar, especially bipolar 2. Run by 2 doctors, so it is authoritative. They introduced the widely respected Bipolar Spectrum understanding of depression/hypomania/mania/psychosis.

AnnaBanana267

AnnaBanana267

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Bipolar II: Enhance Your Highs, Boost Your Creativity, and Escape the Cycles of Recurrent Depression - The Essential Guide to Recognize and Treat the Mood Swings of this Increasingly Common Disorder.
By Ronald R. Fieve, M.D., Professor of Clinical Psychiatry, Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center

Enjoyed it v much.

C

Comorbidity

Bipolar II: Enhance Your Highs, Boost Your Creativity, and Escape the Cycles of Recurrent Depression - The Essential Guide to Recognize and Treat the Mood Swings of this Increasingly Common Disorder.
That's exactly why I don't read other people's theories, it is increasingly common, because the stress, duress and anxiety people are placed under in modern society is ever increasing and it affects how it works, that no-one ever talks about this or seems to understand or appreciate the paramount importance of environment really pisses me of

Wishbone

Wishbone

The population is also growing, so it could just be that with more people there is an increase in everything.