• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Any formally diagnosed with Schizoid Syndrome ?

M

ManDss

I heard of this long time ago. And always felt pretty identified with the article of Wikipedia about this syndrome.

Now Im not sure, because I think maybe its not how I thought it really is about.

If any wants to chat in private message about this, to see if its what Iam.

Im not super obsessed with this. Its just a doubt I have.

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

its all good in the hood of self knowledge

i probably have that too

my internals get way too overstimulated if i interact with poeple so i have to avoid them constantly to keep calm and normal. avoiding people alot makes me seen schizoid

M

ManDss

its all good in the hood of self knowledge

i probably have that too

my internals get way too overstimulated if i interact with poeple so i have to avoid them constantly to keep calm and normal. avoiding people alot makes me seen schizoid
Yes, I think thats the main reason why I consider that I have schizoid.

But wont say I avoid people to "keep calm and normal", I just dont like most people.

I cherry pick the people I like. Talk with most people is like null to me. They are good persons, but I dont feel what they say is interesting.

I tend to consider that most people arent inteligent, I feel smarter.

I see people "follow social rules", I dont.

Etc.

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

Yes, I think thats the main reason why I consider that I have schizoid.

But wont say I avoid people to "keep calm and normal", I just dont like most people.

I cherry pick the people I like. Talk with most people is like null to me. They are good persons, but I dont feel what they say is interesting.

I tend to consider that most people arent inteligent, I feel smarter.

I see people "follow social rules", I dont.

Etc.
perhaps you just have less emotion. have your emotions shut down due to past trauma?

M

ManDss

perhaps you just have less emotion. have your emotions shut down due to past trauma?
Kind of. Yes. Word "trauma" sounds too big, but yes, its in part what it is. I think is due to my life experience. But I dont feel it as something negative, its just the way it is.

Sometimes I see people on facebook, from other countries, they look good people, and I think "I wouldnt even care to talk with that person", thats how "disconected" Im from people.

I see people as... "robotic" ? I feel Im "deep", and they are "flat and short". That my way to see life is much profound.

I havent interact with people in such long time, I even cant completely imagine how people is. I remember how the people I used to talk are (was), but... how I would do with people now ?

I mostly pass as an oddball, goofball, Im ok with that, I dont have resentment with people, or me.

I just feel lonely.

I imagine should be out there someone I can relate, someone can understand me and I find appealing.

But until dont meet someone like that, I just feel alone.

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

introverts tend to be deeper then extroverts. introverts like to laser in deep and extroverts like to fly all over the surface. introverts have to think before they speak, whereas extroverts can think and speak at the same time. introverts like to do one thing at a time whereas extroverts like alot going on at once.

also some people are more oriented towards machines(like mechanics), whereas others are orientated towards people(like oprah is)

K

kbhjbk

me, ask 1 question im not going to have a conversation here